March 28, 2024, 12:42:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bulldoggin  (Read 1092 times)
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2020, 06:36:39 pm »

Hit the woods with ol T Dog this morning. He brought Raylynn, twila, a young yellow gyp, and Blade his catchdog. I brought my bulldog Big Hoss.

We cast the dogs and they went a couple 100 yards and got bayed. So we eased around but we had a bulldog slip up and the hog broke. Raylynn went with him so we drove around to where she was and she came out to us.

So I was figuring we would walk back out to the SxS and recast the dogs but Thomas started walking over to this thicket behind the fence so I just followed. Well he crosses over the fence and I let Hoss under and hand the lead to him.  I grab the top wire of the fence to jump over and I hear T Dog say “big hog coming through”. I look up and see a boar charging right through us, Thomas dropped the leash and Hoss hit him like a Mack Truck stopped him dead in his tracks, they both regroup and right as that hog starts to turn Hoss hits the ear and it was game, set, match. We stuck him and here he is.

No bay the second time around 
just good hunting by T Dog and some good ol bulldoggin.

WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 09:12:30 pm »

Well that worked out nicely!
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 09:33:36 pm »

nice
Northstar
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 10:35:28 pm »

Great looking bulldog! Buckskin black mask is my favorite to look at.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 06:30:30 am »

Hoss did do good. Knowing your places and the tendencies of of the hogs can be an asset. Raylynn was pretty tired when her and the little Fancy female came to us. My nephew hunted her the day before and that was her first hunt back after going through a false pregnancy so she's out of shape. They had been bayed but it had broke just before we got there. I figured they would put up again behind a tank further down and that's where the garmin said they were. About the time we were getting down there they were coming out and heading to another set off woods right there. Raylynn was still acting hoggy and my little Twila female acted like she was smelling too. We bay hogs there regularly so we moved over there and as I crossed the fence I took Hoss from Michael. I had literally just saw Raylynn go in there. She didn't even get a bark out before the jumped up ran right up in our lap. Wild rascal made a slip and payed the price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 10:45:52 am »

Raylynn is definitely a one dog show for sure, and the other gyps did good too. What neither of us mentioned is after that boar Raylynn went and bayed another boar with Fancy. Long story short it ended up breaking and Raylynn stuck with him but by this time it was pretty hot and so we went around and called her out. That little dog will just run herself into the ground, she will just go and go and go.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 11:11:59 am »

Good deal Y'all sounds like it all worked out.T-dog Raylynn might be ready for a rendezvous with ol Hambone down in FL just a little vacation lol.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 01:52:32 pm »

Congrats on a nice hunt. Good work by hunters and dogs.
-
I enjoy hearing the pride you have for Hoss today. Sure makes you feel good when they get a shot at one and make it count!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2020, 06:39:03 pm »

Lol Cracker they'd have hog on the brain for sure

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2020, 09:52:57 pm »

Good hog and a really good looking bulldog.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2020, 02:40:51 pm »

Good hog and a really good looking bulldog.

Thanks Cajun
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2020, 04:06:39 pm »

Cajun that dog was born Texan but left at weaning age and lived in California until recently. He was a year old before he got a name so he could decide which gender he wanted to be
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2020, 01:02:52 pm »

Good deal y’all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: