March 28, 2024, 09:21:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Culls?  (Read 1680 times)
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2020, 12:30:36 pm »

To remedy that issue, I refuse to sell a working dog to someone I don't know real well unless they  come "here" and see it perform and they may come as many times as they like. I want them to leave satisfied with the dog or sure they don't want it either way it is a done deal and no reason for complaints, don't sell many working dogs anyway when I keep one here he usually lives and or dies here..     I haven't bought a working dog in over 40 years but if I was going to I would go and try him with the owner, and observe how he was used and handled to see if it would fit my deal, probably more than once.
If I was going to breed to someone's male I would much rather see some pups out of that male perform than see the male himself operate. Other than one AI mating I did a couple of years ago I haven't bred to an outside male in a long long time, I had not saw the dog I got semen from operate nor had he ever been bred but I knew the line of dogs and the man that owned him "that's one of the advantages of a solid, line bred strain of dogs", only got two of them raised and the one I kept has made a real nice dog, it is the one I told about some time ago that a bear carried him up a tree and he fell a long ways, he was also rigging, running and baying hogs alone by 14 mths old so I considered it a successful breeding, I have just bred him to his first female so we'll see how he produces.
Also mentioned some time back that when I sell any pups in the future I will receive the full amount ahead of time and they will have 2 weeks to pick pup up from when I tell them they are ready of forefit the price paid for the pup, I don't like the hassles that can come with dealing with people that believe they can just change their mind or back out per their whims so these are the ways I have elected to get around the trouble. If that makes me an hole in the butt that is okay, I'll be a happy rather than frustrated hole in the butt.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: