March 28, 2024, 03:27:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last couple hunts  (Read 554 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2020, 05:13:01 am »

Well been on a streak of small hogs last few hunts.I have been trying to get Copper tuned up and have really enjoyed it.He has all the makings of a dog so far.When you only keep one out of a litter you never know.Anyway He's been really getting after it plenty of go, bottom , brains and gritt.I am not sure on how many we have barred in the last couple weeks but we have cut and cut everything loose except one shoalt the dogs chewed up to bad. Also hunted Bo yesterday he is Coppers litter mate brother so it was Hambone and his two sons caught a pretty good boar hog and relieved him of a little extra weight in the rear.Anyway here's some pics of Hambone and his sons.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 05:51:39 am »

Looks like another generation is gonna make good'uns, if you don't mind-how many gens back do you personally know those dogs ?? I'm only curious since they seem to be a nice strain of dogs. I remember seeing lots of posts with hogs in them from the yellow female, Holly I think, then up pops Hambone, now his pups are trying to make it as well. 
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 06:25:21 am »

Glad to see the young dogs are cranking. Seems like we go on steaks too. Catch a bunch of little ones and then bam, we get on big ones. No rhyme or reason, just the way it is.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 06:47:11 am »

Looks like a lot of fun. Sure will make ya proud when the youngins do what you bred them to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2020, 08:22:26 am »

Thanks y'all.Old Man I took 3 top dogs from Three different Line bred families of Cracker Curs and Bred them I know about 5 generations back on all three lines and all produced top dogs I have hunted with quit a few and they are all very similar type dogs good nosed ,very smart,big bottom and the right grit.I am using Hambone as my main stud because he posses all I want in a dog.I currently have 14 month and some 6 month old pups from him and another gyp bred from him as well.In my opinion Holly (Hambone's momma)was the best dog to look through a collar in my yard , I have been trying to reproduce her and so far have been very happy with the results.

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 10:58:28 am »

I should also mention that I have Holly's sister who is pure on that line and bred extremely , I bred Hambone to her.Hambone was a result of Holly bred to Skeeter a really nice male from a different Line so these pups will be 3/4 the original stock with Skeeter as the outcross.Don't know if I am doing the right thing with my breedings but the old lines are really hard to come by and the one's I have seem to be working.

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 11:00:38 am »

bred Extremely tight sorry.

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 06:53:23 pm »

Dang good looking dogs that are getting it done can't beat that good hunts

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: