March 28, 2024, 07:27:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DOG HOUSES  (Read 471 times)
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2020, 12:44:11 pm »

Fixed a couple more dog houses a few days ago they have worked really well for me, they absolutely stay dry and are quite durable, I have some that are at least 8-10 yrs old. Some dogs will chew on the porch a little but have not been successful as I don't have any destroyed. The door is 13 inches from the top radius to the bottom of the doorway, and is 9 inches wide and will allow a big dog (my Dogo) to get in and out easily. This leaves a good deep floor for bedding. The blocks screwed to it just keep it from rolling. The porch is just half a lick tub and is screwed from the inside of the barrel with 5 dry wall screws through the lick tub and a small washer cut from the piece left from the door opening, then ground the sharp end of the screws off on the outside.

CHRIS H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 12:54:44 pm »

Very nice ! I like the over hang

I made this as an experiment

I’m hoping it stays cool in the summer and warm in the winter . I think it could be better using a over hang like you’ve made .

I made it for a dog that constantly chews their barrel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 01:22:29 pm »

I'm guessing your plastic barrel is a 30 gal barrel?  That could make a good cold country house neat idea.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 06:30:53 pm »

Clue, That is about the same setup I use except I used some old treated 4x4's to keep the barrels from rolling. That's a neat idea Chris .

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: