April 20, 2024, 04:47:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next generation  (Read 5433 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2023, 11:02:02 pm »

Good luck with the pups slim. If the work as pretty as they look and follow in their progenitors steps you arta be set up good.
Thank you sir. She had 10 and we are down to 8. Runt didn’t make it through the first night and there was a 2nd that was about 2/3 the size of the others that expired yesterday. Really sucked. For first time, ignorantly, I made the brainless decision to grab a bale of shavings from the horse barn at work and put it in her welping pen. I think it is what cost me for sure the 2nd one if not both. Beat myself up pretty good after fighting for an hour to keep the 2nd alive. Not forsure it’s what happened, but sketch is a great mom so either she knew something was up and they weren’t viable, or I made a mistake with the shavings. 39 pups now and knock on wood she’s gonna wean 37 of them if these 8 make it.

Sadly I’m a huge gyp man. I’ve gotten along with them better, they’ve made the better dogs in this blood it seems, and I just always seemed to pick them. The litter was split at 5 and 5 and both she lost were females. The remaining 3 ain’t leaving, and looks like we’re keeping some males for ourselves too instead of sending them to buddies and other dog men we foster relationships with to really test these dogs. Part of it, but sucks none the less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: