April 20, 2024, 05:25:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Next generation  (Read 5435 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 11:49:41 am »

Lol that’s awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2022, 06:50:30 pm »

https://vimeo.com/688183157

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2022, 06:54:05 pm »

They’re working these days. 2 males and 3 females doing really good and another male trying to turn on. 1 male and 1 female on cows and rest on hogs right now.

The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2022, 06:58:13 pm »

Well you have to count that next generation a sucess, glad they turned out for you.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2022, 08:09:01 am »

Colton those pups must be built more similar to the sire? They look like they have a little more body than ole Sketch. I’m glad they’re working for you.

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2022, 08:33:51 am »

They’re looking good Slim, have you been doing much hunting lately? I believe I saw you post about working out of town a lot

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Bred4DaGame
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2022, 10:34:20 am »

Great job looking awesome enjoy em

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2022, 06:22:16 pm »

Colton those pups must be built more similar to the sire? They look like they have a little more body than ole Sketch. I’m glad they’re working for you.

These pups daddy is an own son of sketch’s from her first litter. They go back to her on both sides lol. Line breeding if it works.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2022, 06:25:14 pm »

They’re looking good Slim, have you been doing much hunting lately? I believe I saw you post about working out of town a lot

No sir. Haven’t hunted since I was home in December. Got 2 of my buddies keeping things going while I’m away. I am in Knoxville Tn right now. 994 miles from my home in college station. Me about 1100 from my dog pens.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2022, 07:36:52 pm »

I remember that now that you said it. Funny how things revert back. Genetics are crazy

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2023, 10:16:50 am »

Tracker has made a dog down in Kennedy county for my buddy Nathan, here’s a recent pic from him. SJ is right up the road in Wilson county making a hand on cows.
 To my knowledge the rest of litter number 2 has been killed off. Litter number 3 has 3 left alive. They’re all on cows. Ones in Willow Springs, Tx working for Fritsch Cattle Company. 2 are down in the Valley out of Hebbronville working on the East Foundation as cowdogs.

Litter number 1 has 3 still alive. 2 are cow dogs. A male and female. Brian Adams in Lexington has Scooby and the Clay Iselt has Tiggy around Giddings, and If you’re ever at La Grange or Round Top farm and Ranch and you see a real pretty yella gyp lounging around the store. That is the owners gyp and she is a truck dog. He used to hunt her daddies line of dogs back years ago with my uncle.
Gonna try and get some current pics of all these dogs.
And the best news of all is it looks like sketch finally took again and we’re looking like I’ll have a litter on the ground around may 10. Fingers crossed whatever she has is healthy, she can raise them all, and we can get em to their 2 year old year to finally see just how good they can be on hogs. Time now to HURRY UP AND WAIT.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2023, 12:06:07 pm »

Good luck bud. You’re due for some good luck.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2023, 08:10:27 am »

Walked out the house this morning to smoke rolling out the kennels. Sketch dropped some heat the the pressure change last night. 61 days since first tie. Had just spit out number 8 or so when I left for work.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2023, 09:49:03 am »

Well they have good color. I hope they have good instincts too.

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2023, 07:49:11 pm »

Finally got to go put my hands on Tracker. He is his mommas son through and through. Unfortunately weather didn’t allow for a hunt but we’re gonna get his momma and him together when she gets back in the woods from having these pups. Had to take Shaw down to Nathan who has tracker and pick up my gyp pup from him. He’s got a some dogs go back pretty deep to The Mellmans stock. 
She’s sharp as a tack and pays attention to everything. She went to work with me today. Got to ride and doctor yearlings with me and was chained up behind me at the chute while processing. Had 400 lb yearlings stepping all over the top of her and never flinched. I’m starting back from square one but I am about to build me another set of dogs for next year between her and sketch’s litter.

BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2023, 08:35:17 pm »

Mellman stock is a solid line of dogs. Can be real goofy if they change hands more than once or twice, but they’ve got nose and bottom for sure, hardly any grit unless crossed over something else.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2023, 07:48:50 am »

Mellman stock is a solid line of dogs. Can be real goofy if they change hands more than once or twice, but they’ve got nose and bottom for sure, hardly any grit unless crossed over something else.
He has her parents(she’s off a father x daughter cross) and they are pretty nice. His dogs and mine did real good for us when we was hunting together. Was more than happy when he offered one. Their kind of bottom will get you in trouble if you aren’t careful. Atleast in my area where big acreage is all but a thing of the past.  They get a mile out of your permission around here they could be 8 places over.

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2023, 08:26:57 pm »

Hope they turn out for you

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2023, 09:13:25 pm »

He has her parents(she’s off a father x daughter cross) and they are pretty nice. His dogs and mine did real good for us when we was hunting together. Was more than happy when he offered one. Their kind of bottom will get you in trouble if you aren’t careful. Atleast in my area where big acreage is all but a thing of the past.  They get a mile out of your permission around here they could be 8 places over.

I’ve seen some dogs with that blood pull some hogs straight outta their butts when the hunt was about over with. We hunted hard all day and couldn’t move anything, then all of a sudden she decided to cold trail off some tracks that were there that morning and bayed a good boar in his bed alil over a mile away and we stayed in hogs with the relaying. I’ve also seen the bottom you’re talking about, it’s something I require in my dogs, or at least use to, now I could care less to run one 4 plus hours, much less from daylight to dark.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2023, 09:47:46 pm »

I’ve seen some dogs with that blood pull some hogs straight outta their butts when the hunt was about over with. We hunted hard all day and couldn’t move anything, then all of a sudden she decided to cold trail off some tracks that were there that morning and bayed a good boar in his bed alil over a mile away and we stayed in hogs with the relaying. I’ve also seen the bottom you’re talking about, it’s something I require in my dogs, or at least use to, now I could care less to run one 4 plus hours, much less from daylight to dark.
Yes sir. I am of a similar opinion just because we are fortunate enough these days to have a decent hog population in a lot of the country were running now.

Love catching the hard to catch ones, and we can get it done at times, but sometimes the numbers and getting a little bit easier hogs caught does more for young dogs I feel, and the country is just getting harder to have those no quit, take them as far as they want to kind of dogs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: