April 18, 2024, 04:34:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pup wormer  (Read 854 times)
Quick23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2020, 05:24:44 am »

What’s the best pup wormer that you guys are using???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 10:54:37 am »

Perental Pomoate (sp?) is the safest for young puppies. It is the same as Nemex except Nemex is watered down. Earlier in the year I lost 4 pups out of a litter at a week old. Took the others into the Vet and they were loaded down with Hook worms. Never had that problem before at such a young age. I had wormed the female right before I bred her and always give a 9 n 1 shot to help the pups immunity. Anyway the Vet told me there was a resistant strain of hookworms out there. I really had problems with that litter and once they hit 7 or 8 weeks old the Vet mixed me up what he calls a super wormer. It is basicly 1/3 Ivermec, 1/3 Panacur and 1/3 Perental Pomoate(Strogid T).  Give them 1cc per 10# for 3 days and that knocked them out.  (Disclaimer)I am not recommending this but this is what my Vet told me to try.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Quick23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 11:09:02 am »

So best to just take them to the vet lol

WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 11:59:19 am »

If you have a good vet they will check one pup for what worms they have and give you doses for all of them.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 04:26:25 pm »

I have always wormed my pups at 2 wks., 4 wks, and 6 wks. with parental Pomoate and never had a problem. It was just that one litter I had problems with.  I do buy the quart size of pyrental from the Vet.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
Quick23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 04:27:31 pm »

I have always wormed my pups at 2 wks., 4 wks, and 6 wks. with parental Pomoate and never had a problem. It was just that one litter I had problems with.  I do buy the quart size of pyrental from the Vet.
10-4 thanks!

Quick23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 04:27:53 pm »

If you have a good vet they will check one pup for what worms they have and give you doses for all of them.
Yes i have a good vet in my area

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 05:34:48 pm »

You can order the Pyrantel poamate offline but labeled for pinworm treatment for kids, for pennies on the dollar for what nemex cost and it’s stronger or ml, usually around 25-35$ for a 32 ounce bottle, I highly recommend using some cydectin, active ingredient is Moxidectin, it’s a purple wormer for goats, sheep, or cattle and is worth its weight in gold....
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 06:01:45 pm »

This is what I use for young pups and what Goose is talking about.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
Quick23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 06:37:17 am »

You can order the Pyrantel poamate offline but labeled for pinworm treatment for kids, for pennies on the dollar for what nemex cost and it’s stronger or ml, usually around 25-35$ for a 32 ounce bottle, I highly recommend using some cydectin, active ingredient is Moxidectin, it’s a purple wormer for goats, sheep, or cattle and is worth its weight in gold....
I use cydectin but it’s sooooooo potent i hate to use it on pups

Quick23
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 06:37:34 am »

This is what I use for young pups and what Goose is talking about.

Thanks!

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 01:15:14 pm »

My grey hound buddy told me years ago to ivamec my gyp 2 weeks into the pregnancy  and 2 weeks before she had them. It has worked well for me in the sense of having clean pups. Of course keeping your gyps clean all the time is huge. He also told me to give the ivamec under the skin .10ml/10#.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BriarBay
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 11:12:24 am »

I have some med resistant worms right now too. Had been using safeguard goat wormer, with not much luck. I noticed someone said they give ivomec under the skin. Anyone else do this for heart worm prevention?  I have always done orally but they salivate so bad afterwards, I’ve wondered how much actually gets in their system.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 03:08:13 pm »

Briar that's why I was told to do it under the skin. They actually could pass some before they use it. I use it as  heart worm preventative.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 05:15:09 am »

BriarBay I mix my ivomec with a spoonful of can dog food or sometimes even use chicken broth. I put it in a bowl and they lap it all up. Been doing like this for years - never had a problem with them salivating. Even have one tested now and then just out of curiosity and they’ve always been clean.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: