March 28, 2024, 10:46:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catch dogs  (Read 7123 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2020, 05:56:57 pm »

This has been on here several times but I do enjoy looking at other people’s catchdogs. Post some pics of yours. Here is a young brindle male I raised. He is 13 months and weighs about 60#. I broke a Teflon break stick breaking him off his first hog at 8 months. I just thought it was a fluke but the same thing happened when we put him on another hog at 10 months. He broke Larry’s break stick. The yellow female I picked up from a guy that was getting out. He only had her a week and never did anything with her. She slammed the first hog she saw right on the ear. She is about 70# built right and about a year and a half old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:29:50 pm »

I like em both but that big bitch is built right for work!
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 08:17:28 pm »

That yeller gyp is built like one should be!
Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 08:43:50 pm »

Cajun that gyp comes in and y’all looking for a good stud, my partner Drue has a one dog wrecking crew in his old catch dog Chevy, he’s got your size you like and takes his time and picks his shot he’s never flown in like a rocket, we’ve got him retired right now until we get some pups off him, he’s getting old but still just as fresh as his first season, we’ve got a niece of his AI’ed to him and Mr. Ronnie Joe has loaned us his old foundation b!tch that the dogs he’s catching with today are down off of, we’re taking her to Dr. Greene’s as soon as she shows any sign of heat to have her surgically bred, to much potentially at stake to do the AI myself,  pm your number anyways if you don’t mind I’ve lost every number I had....

Hey Ben if you see this response you do the same or text me....
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:20:23 pm »

Ok Tdog gonna like that fella gyp too! Lol
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2020, 06:07:12 am »

What I’m currently running:

3/4 bulldog 1/4 stag lead in or use out of drop box in fields.

1/2 stag 1/2 American sisters. Run naked in fields or vest up and lead in. You have to pry them off. Excellent prey drive and stock broke.

Old man, not a lot of teeth left but still gets it done when needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2020, 06:08:28 am »

Very nice looking bulldogs Cajun. Just the right size.
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2020, 08:01:40 am »

Old bulldog from East Texas from Ray M. She was half dogo and Half pit. She is the mother to my bulldog now.

Honey

3/4 pit 1/4 dog. Not too big about 60#s.  She has a head full of sense. I haul her with anydog. She walks to a bay with no leash and wont go until told. She breaks easy without a break stick. Once your hands are on the hog she sits back loose without tying. The only time I tie her back is when turning a hog loose. I hope one day to have another like her.

I bred her last heat to a Dogo male. I hope she took but it does not look like it unfornuatly.

Lynel
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2020, 08:40:39 am »

JSH and Lyne, those are some good looking bulldogs or catchdogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2020, 09:03:41 am »

This is Hoss I got him from RyanTBH and he is an Amerigo/Big White Dog.

He weighs just under 90 lbs and is more Ambull than Dogo from a recent backcross so I forget the split.

As a green Hog Dogger and a first time puppy raiser I couldn’t have asked for a better prospect.

I recently used him as a running catchdog with a pack of Texas Terriers and he worked like a champ just didn’t get a chance to catch but I already know that’s not an issue.

cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 09:05:10 am »

Thanks.....I like the looks of that brindle dog.

Good bulldog/catchdogs are getting pretty tough to find around these parts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 01:06:28 pm »

Nice looking dogs everybody. I never get tired of looking and listening about other peoples dogs.
 Cajunl that honey dog is exactly my style. Those type will ruin you. Her type were what I got pretty consistently out of the old line of catch dogs I let run out.
Cajun I do like the look of the yella gyp. I like leg undermy dogs.
I'm using a pure American male named Loki. He's got to see 3 or 4 in the woods but all have been good hogs and he's done real good. Gonna be a dog I can hunt off leash and send on command. My brindle male named Blade is American/pit and still pretty green too. I'm already hunting him off leash. Both are big dogs and athletic. Blade was 90# on the scales and Loki was 80#. Both are athletic but I don't know which I like better. I think Loki but both have a lot of potential.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 02:02:07 pm »

I said I wasn’t going to raise another bulldog pup, BUT they are getting rare so I figured if I wanted something decent I’d have to raise one. She’s off some game blood and some catch dogs with a touch of bully I’m pretty sure. I just need her to be an ear dog!

Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 03:35:49 pm »

I never get tired of this subject
Lot of nice looking dogs here

Bred these two today 10-31-20
All the way around as good of catch dogs as I know of
I been waiting to do this for good while
My gyp Tyra (AB) bred to good friend of mine (Pitt)
I could go on about these two for awhile but maybe another time

Me and cracker are in together on a bulldog program that we discussed on here some months back
We got it started but still ways to go
We’re excited about it except raising pup part lol
Here is current catchdogs and future stock - or least what is at my place Cracker has the other half -
All dogs have or will be tried and true to be in program!
We like red dogs but if them black ones turn out like they should we may throw one in the mix lol
Maybe cracker will chime in with pics to-
We have dogs  some closely related and are trying to breed back to a main older dog that was a good a catch dog on anyone’s yard!

Born 10-22-20
Cracker has the sire to these

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Teag_D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2020, 08:05:05 pm »

some very fine looking animals
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2020, 09:54:59 am »

Sassy.....3/4 bulldog, 1/4 stag. Littermate to the first dog in JSH’s post. Niece to the 1/2 stag 1/2 AB’s in the same post. 4 year old who has been there and done that. Used as a lead in, walk hunted , road hunted, & rigged 1 out, road hunted & horse back with 1 other rough dog. Best handle & brains on a catch dog I have ever had. She’s caught several 230 - 240 lb rank boars solo. JSH bred a nice litter of dogs. Pics don’t do her justice. She’s an athletic specimen. 75 to 76lbs in the summer. 80 to 81 in the winter.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2020, 09:58:53 am »

Sassy

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2020, 02:13:39 pm »

She looks real good Leon.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2020, 04:28:59 pm »

Those are all good looking dogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2020, 08:23:57 am »

Dozer is my only catchdog at the moment he is incredibly athletic, fast and hasn't missed one yet.He has zero dog aggression and is super friendly. His downfalls are he is wound extremely tight and is a handful.His Daddy and Momma were as laid back as you could ask for and so are all his brothers and sisters that are still alive. It's ashamed his Daddy ain't around no more because he seemed to produce some goodens.We recently Bred Dozer to Muddy's Female hopefully they produce some nice dogs he posted a picture of the pups.I am also considering doing a Brother Sister breeding with him and my buddies gyp Xena she's a really nice catchdog who's as cool as ice zero fussing and could be used off lead for sure She's from the same exact breeding as Dozer just the next litter.Im hoping to be able to get something like her and their Daddy from it.

Sent from my cp3705AS using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: