April 27, 2024, 04:52:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catch dogs  (Read 7654 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2020, 08:00:43 am »

Man I won't lie, I love them. Neither have many hunts on them. The brindle half breed has the most at almost a dozen and didn't get to catch on all those hunts but he got handled. He's already doing good with being hunted off leash. I question his hardness more than anything. He hasn't done anything it's just something in my belly that says maybe there's something there. His mom was AB and she was hard and several siblings out of other litters have proven to be hard but were out of different males. He's a tad bit quirky too. He won't work the same for everyone else like he does me. The white male is all AB and a super nice dog. I think he's tough as nails, he's super athletic. I weighed them the other day he was just over 80# and the brindle male was 90#. The white dog is really lite on his feet. He can load with no trouble without dropping the tailgait and you don't even hardly notice the shake of the vehicle when he lands. He's going to be able to be hunted off leash too, we've already started some. Both are really smart but I believe the white dog is smartest. I sent him to a sow the other day that came out of some high weeds and at first he didn't realize what she was but he was going to her at about 3/4 speed. Man when he smelled and identified what she was that dude was moving. His agility was impressive too. There was a mesquite between him and the sow when he started getting close and instead of running through it or around it he jumped smooth over it. I guess it impressed me because I could tell he was thinking and not just in that adrenaline rage where he couldn't think or adapt.  Those are the kinds of things that separate dogs that catch and good catch dogs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: