March 29, 2024, 05:50:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Website  (Read 1491 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2020, 09:09:43 pm »

If not allowed Mike can remove this.

With deer season in and not being able to run the dogs I have been fooling around making a website or I should say, my better half Cheryl has. It is still in the beginning stages but y'all check it out and let me know what you think. If you use a cell phone it will take you to the home page. Just click on the 3 bars in the upper right to go to different pages. It is much easier on a laptop or regular computer. Copy the whole web address and put it in google and you should be there. Just fooling around and any advise or constructive criticism is more then welcome.

https://www.bayoucajunplotts.com/

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 10:23:04 pm »

Lookin good Cajun!
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 05:34:53 am »

Page looks nice Cajun.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 06:59:00 am »

Looks good good looking hounds on there

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 08:22:46 am »

Cajun it looks really nice and it was easy enough to navigate through even on my phone. Something I would put in your mind is this, I wanted to see what your current dogs or which dogs you’re using to breed to and a little about them, like their styles and what about them makes them breed worthy if that makes any sense. All the dogs pictured my be exactly that, I just wasn’t sure if they were current dogs or dogs of past and present. I know when I’m looking to add to my dogs, I’m trying to find dogs that stronger in a particular area than mine to try to improve mine. If I’m starting from scratch but know what I want then after find the physical type I want to be able to read about the other qualities to see if they are a possible fit, then I call about them.  You know your dogs and are very knowledgeable and familiar with the plott bloodlines. You knew when you needed to add the shamrock blood and why. A less knowledgeable person could read about your dogs or see their physical build and find their “shamrock” blood. That’s just my thoughts. I do like the easy navigation and your dogs look great with all the proof of game they produce. I do have a question though about the one dog in another country, I forget where it was. What kind of vest is he wearing and what’s it’s purpose? Looks long thin and several pockets with different devices plus his tracking collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2020, 08:33:02 am »

Looks good Mike. I like it.

Some of your foundation dogs pics and pedigree would be cool to see.

I've built a few websites before with straight coding. And man is it time consuming.

Lynel
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2020, 08:34:30 am »

Example: This is Hillbilly. He’s a 55 pound male. Tons of drive, a good medium nose, bite, and a start to finish dog that drives a track hard to produce game. Very athletic and intelligent. Able to leap tall buildings for love. Great with the ladies and cool with the guys.

RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 03:44:22 pm »

Cajun

The site looks great.  Good job.
HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2020, 05:55:51 pm »

Works good on I-phone, but the photographs are awesome on desktop and either way a good website that makes people want to know more of the story behind the dogs.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2020, 06:03:15 pm »

Thanks everybody. Lynne, you are right, it is very time consuming. T dog Those are excellent ideas. We are feeling our way thru this and it is baby steps for us. I know a more computer literate person could do it in 1/4th of the time. A lot of the dogs we posted are deceased and some of them  are our foundation dogs, like the Trapper dog pictured. I have him  5 or 6 times in some of my dogs. I still have some more pictures to add and some other pages, like maybe a deceased dog page, our present dogs. I know I need to get my females posted. I also want to post some pics. of bayou cajun plotts that belong to other hunters. It is definitely a work in progress.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2020, 07:47:15 pm »

I like it Cajun
Looks good

I’m a sucker for a good custom knife !!
Also I think one them black male pups was mine lol

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 07:25:53 am »

Website looks good Cajun. Nice job. You have some very nice hounds. The Kemmessabe dog looks double tough!
-
I also like the occasional red brindle and Maltese colored dogs in there. It looks like you end up with mostly dark brindle & black dogs.
-
I agree with other posters that Bio’s on your dogs describing their style & traits would be great to read. A Bio on you beneath the pic of you and your dogs walking out of the woods would be neat. Stories from hunters to support the pics would be awesome as well.
-
I got started in the dogs running hounds on Coon. Mostly grade walkers back then. I have an English hound now that I run on Coon when I can’t run my curs on hogs. Your Plotts are obviously double tough & produce game. Do you primarily track hunt them or do you cast, rig, & road them as well? Are they too gritty to run more than 2 dogs at a time? Are they bawl mouth on track and chop on a bay/tree or chop mouth all the way? Deep course mouth or high tenor or everything between them? Do they tend to be cold nose dogs that straddle until the track gets good and then they pick their head up and drift? What traits do the Weems, Swampland, & Shamrock lines contribute to your dogs? Just a few things that popped in my head. Sorry for rambling. I’m a nut about dogs.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 07:37:50 am »

Tdog, Over in Sweden they use several different vests. When they are hog hunting they use  a real lightweight material that basicly covers the dog. Per told me when he was over here that he thought our bulldog vests were to bulky and stiff altho the bulldogs move pretty good.
  When they are brown bear hunting they have a small vest that looks like our running dog vest. On one side it is light green or neon yellow. The other side is orange. That way in thick cover they know which way the dog is facing and where the bear is. You better know which way a brown bear is because they dont play. The hunter has more to fear then the dogs because the dogs can get out of the way where you might have one shot and that bear is on you. Last time I was over there they had two bear attacks while I was there.
   The 3rd vest is a go pro vest that that carries a camera or a Garmin collar. The Kemmesabbe dog that I sold over there is a household name and every bearhunter in Sweden and Norway knows of him. He  been written up in 3 different international hunting magazines and made the front cover on one. Anyway, Per made a GPS vest and named it the Kemmesabbe Vest.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 07:54:07 am »

That’s really neat Cajun. Those type hounds sure will make a person proud and rightfully so. That’s a dang neat idea about the two sided vest.  I was wondering if you had shown them out vests. Lol it’s funny they think ours too heavy I was thinking theirs looks too light to be anything more than a back pack. I’m sure they know what works for their discipline. Thanks for the info.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 08:25:16 am »

Website looks good Cajun. Nice job. You have some very nice hounds. The Kemmessabe dog looks double tough!
-
I also like the occasional red brindle and Maltese colored dogs in there. It looks like you end up with mostly dark brindle & black dogs.
-
I agree with other posters that Bio’s on your dogs describing their style & traits would be great to read. A Bio on you beneath the pic of you and your dogs walking out of the woods would be neat. Stories from hunters to support the pics would be awesome as well.
-
I got started in the dogs running hounds on Coon. Mostly grade walkers back then. I have an English hound now that I run on Coon when I can’t run my curs on hogs. Your Plotts are obviously double tough & produce game. Do you primarily track hunt them or do you cast, rig, & road them as well? Are they too gritty to run more than 2 dogs at a time? Are they bawl mouth on track and chop on a bay/tree or chop mouth all the way? Deep course mouth or high tenor or everything between them? Do they tend to be cold nose dogs that straddle until the track gets good and then they pick their head up and drift? What traits do the Weems, Swampland, & Shamrock lines contribute to your dogs? Just a few things that popped in my head. Sorry for rambling. I’m a nut about dogs.

Hi Shotgun, All good ideas and a few of the ideas we want to add is a testamonial page so anybody who has some bayou cajun plotts and would like to contribute with pictures and a paragraph on why you like them would be more then welcome. Not all of my dogs make the grade. I get my share of culls like everybody else. You never know when you make a first time cross.
  I also want to feature a page with current dogs that have their pedagrees listed.
  Most of my dogs are medium to cold nose with a few being really cold nosed. In the marsh we rely on rigging but we also cast dogs. On dry ground we track hunt so we like a well rounded dog.
  My dogs are average gritty to very gritty. I have some that I have to be careful how I pair them up or they will catch everything. I would rather they bay and let the bulldog do the catching. Some of my dogs will bawl cold trailing but when the hog breaks they chop on a hot track. Some of my dogs have gotten tight mouth trailing like my Hank dog and Squaw female. They do not say a word and you will not hear them until bayed. I myself do not like that but most hoghunters love it. A silent plott. lol If they can smell it and move it, I like to hear them opening.
  I sold the Kemmesabbe dog when he was a two. He was a running catchdog on hogs and I knew it was a matter of time before he would be killed. When my buddies and I get together sometimes we have way too many dogs out and we have had a few wrecks over the years.
   When I started in Plotts, the first couple of years, I thought they were the sorriest breed going. I could not find one that would stay bayed by thereselves. Well we have to many split races to keep a dog that will not bay by thereselves. I got a Shamrock male and he was everything I was looking for. I had a female that I bred to a swampland dog & they were everything I was looking for. I had a straight Weems bred female that I crossed to a Swampland male and really liked that cross and I have bred those dogs back and forth. This was back in the 80's Back in the early days Everett Weems and Leroy Haug(Swampland breeding) started off with similar stock and bred back and forth. Leroy added some other stock to his line.
  I used to get a few bucksins. My Trapper dog carried that gene. I had not had a Maltese in 30 years but have had a few popping up recently. I probably have more black brindles but have some brown and red brindles on the yard. I dont have a favorite color but if a dog is really starting to shine, I like his or her color. lol

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2020, 08:29:53 am »

T dog, The material they make their vest out of is called Twaron. It is a synthetic matarial that is supposed to be stronger then Kevlar but much lighter.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2020, 12:56:02 pm »

nice website, I think if your selling those custom made knives you should add the price next to them. If affordable Id of emailed you for a Christmas present...
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2020, 03:18:01 pm »

Stronger and lighter should equal better.

Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2020, 04:05:11 pm »

Cajun - how was trapper related to trouble ?
Also - does Mike the knife build on a order or does he have some stocked up ?

Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2020, 04:07:02 pm »

I also remember hearing a lot bout that kemmesabe dog when he was here in USA

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: