April 20, 2024, 05:28:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick hunt  (Read 806 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2020, 06:37:34 pm »

Made a round with Larry Smith, Mike the knife and a 14 yr. old kid who has never been. Caught a 80-90#boar that the 4 or 5 Plotts stretched. Turned out again and Hank and Echo hit a track They trailed a ways and jumped. Ran him about a hour and turned a couple more young dogs in. I guess they thought they would manhandle this hog but he had other ideas. He cut all 4 pretty good with a lot of stitches and stapes and we were done for the morning. The kid who is also named Mike is hooked and I have a hog handler in the making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 07:54:18 pm »

Heck yeah good hog and congratulations on the new hog handler prospect hope the dogs heal up fast.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 06:36:50 am »

Man that’s good Cajun. I love it when people and especially young people get a positive introduction and it bores into their soul. Good hog too.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 07:10:30 am »

I typed hog handler but I meant dog handler but I am sure he will be both. He was amazed at the transformation of the dogs when he saw them on the hogs. He said they were so mellow and friendly petting them before the hunt and when he saw them caught on the hogs he could not believe it. lol

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 09:03:56 am »

Lol that’s a pretty good observation by the young man, he was paying attention. We need more of this. I’m gonna tell a quick story that happened recently and not to hijack your thread. My step daughter was babysitting a 4yr old boy that was down here from the Dallas area. They live in a Real rough area. At 4 years old I couldn’t believe how different the mind set was. First he was scared to death of our house dog (husky/malamute). He wouldn’t get of the bed to go to the bathroom unless the dog was locked in another room or put outside. I got tired of it and made him pet her. Once she licked him we couldn’t keep him off of her and wanted his own dog. He never gets to go outside and play because of the dangers outside the front door. So he doesn’t get exposed to anything GOOD. His mom uses the Frozen movie to baby sit him so he’s thinks he’s a damn ballerina. My nephew is a police officer and stopped by. The kid was amazed and was petting his gun belt and asking questions. He asked if he had hand cuffs and of course he said yes and got them out to show. I told him if he didn’t act right he was gonna take him to jail. In an honest second nature the 4 yr old takes off running saying imma run from the police, you ain’t taking me to jail. Big city sheltering is literally killing our society in a number of ways. Taking young people out and exposing them in a positive way like you did here Cajun is what we need more of.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 02:13:55 pm »

T dog That is a good story. Kids, like puppies need the proper socialization and direction if they are to go on and make something of their selves. To also tell a funny story, back when we used to coon hunt a lot there was this kid Timmy who loved to go with us. He was a little dope head and we always told him if he wanted to come he could never bring that stuff with him on our hunts.  He was about 15 or so at the time and we honestly thought he would never make anything of himself. Well he loved the dogs and hunting so much he quit the dope just to be able to hunt with us and when he graduated high school he hired on with a construction co. that frames a lot of houses. He went on and started his own co. and now has one of the most successful  construction Co.'s in our area. He really gave me a deal when I had him frame my house and even the inspector commented on how well it was done. Now I take his kid with me when he is able to go on our hog hunts.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 04:42:17 pm »

Good deal Cajun
Hey do y’all down tht way use the name Mike like we use Reb or Bud here in Ga - everyone just call everyone Mike - what’s up Mike ! How ya doing Reb type thing lol

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 06:10:34 pm »

Hey Muddy. Everybody wants to be like Mike. lol

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 07:36:34 pm »

Good hunt hope dogs get healed up yea he's hooked now for sure

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 09:02:09 pm »

Awesome story Cajun. And “ everybody wants to be like Mike” that’s pretty dang funny

RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2020, 05:20:13 pm »

That’s a fine hog!  Good job!
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2020, 10:52:15 am »

Good hunting Cajun! I love seeing the young kids get involved. My buddy Shane has a few teenagers with him every time he hunts. He’s a great guy with a big heart and makes a point to take anybody that wants to go. It’s great to see them enjoying the outdoors and getting back to our roots instead of staying cooped up in the house all day like most of the countries youth.

T-Dog, thanks for sharing that story. That sort of stuff is why we are having a big cultural shift away from American values. It’s sad to see. I hope that he retains some of the stuff learned at your house. I have some young “nieces and nephews” that are really my wife’s younger cousins. They are in a rough situation and love to come to “uncle Austin’s” house when they can. They always want to play with the dogs because they don’t know anybody else that has any, and they never get to go outside at all.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2020, 11:36:09 am »

Yeah we’re definitely in trouble.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: