April 19, 2024, 03:14:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Let’s see your recent litters of pups  (Read 13777 times)
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: February 06, 2022, 09:06:22 am »

Williamsld, I don’t know why they have their heads down. It doesn’t look like they should have anywhere to put those groceries! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right they’re definitely heathy suckers! they’re 4 weeks in this picture starting to get out and run around hopefully they’ll start shedding a little fat look more like bulldog pups that cur pup as round as they are lol

if you cant be smart quote smart people

the more i learn about people the more i love my dog - Mark Twain
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 06, 2022, 09:07:43 am »

Williamsld, I don’t know why they have their heads down. It doesn’t look like they should have anywhere to put those groceries! Lol

Lol t-dog! Those butterballs sure got a feat ahead of em to clean that plate! I’m sure momma gonna help em put with left over tho.

Thanks m-e-s, I like em so far, much more than they like each other. I have never had a litter with just two pups. I don’t know if that had anything to do with it, not having more to redirect on and play with. But, if these two aren’t piled on top of each other sleeping, they are fighting. I think they hate each other. I even done had start feeding em separately. Lol
Yessir I threw momma back in there after they got their bellies full

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 06, 2022, 07:54:02 pm »

Those have to be about the healthiest pups I have seen.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2022, 08:33:55 pm »

They dang sure fat

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2022, 08:58:51 pm »

They dang sure fat

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yessir for sure

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2022, 07:22:56 pm »

FINALLY got another litter off my crank dog (didn’t think he could still swing it he’ll be 10 end of February and only dog left alive out of him is Cool on paper these dogs ought to be real nice, crickett’s mom is same blood as my dogs her dad is another nice old line here in ETX so these pups are a half outcross to everything else in the yard so gives me more breathing room to start tightening everything back up

Update 3/5 of these are making the cut so far at 13-14 months old with one male and gyp sure enough reminding me of my old crank dog a lot

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2022, 07:25:59 pm »

These three I placed with very close buddies the male is coming along very nicely and one gyp has been hunted once so far and her first trip took a track out 8-900 yards never amounted to anything but sure was proud of her and the other gyp has been started in the pen but he’s planning on putting her in the woods after deer season so

maverick10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 07, 2023, 10:40:16 am »

Looks like it’s getting close too a year or so on this post so how did all these recent litters turn out!! I kept 2 females out my litter that have sure earning there feed and stacking hogs behind them

HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!!! REMEBER IT!!!!
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 16, 2024, 01:13:02 pm »

Looks like it’s getting close too a year or so on this post so how did all these recent litters turn out!! I kept 2 females out my litter that have sure earning there feed and stacking hogs behind them
Well the litter off crank 3-5 are still kicking and making fine dogs!
And the 3 butterballs aren’t so round anymore they just turned two and I can’t say anything bad about them they’ve sure turned on!

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 16, 2024, 01:17:55 pm »

They did some growing and lost some weight

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 16, 2024, 01:19:56 pm »

Got another fresh set on the ground off of a son of crank and cranks half sister/neice

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 16, 2024, 08:51:47 pm »

Those are some chunky little rascals

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 17, 2024, 02:56:58 pm »

Those are some chunky little rascals

Seems all my pups are lately

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 17, 2024, 11:23:00 am »

Got another fresh set on the ground off of a son of crank and cranks half sister/neice

dale
chip
Haakdt ended up with the gyp

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 17, 2024, 04:17:30 pm »

Your pups look good. You for sure keep them healthy.

I just picked up my pup today from a buddy. His momma is Outlaws grandma which makes Deputy Dawgs Moon gyp an aunt to him. His daddy is a littermate to my Ava gyp. They are more closely related than that but I won’t bore y’all with all that. His name is King. He came by the name a couple of ways. One, this particular buddy is always telling me that I’m his hero and I always tell him nah, “your the King”. Second, this pups daddy is named Ken. Ken is the name I gave him before Kyle (Barbie) and Ben King picked him up as a weanling. I just combined their names lol. So coming from the King and the Kings, I figured it appropriate. He’s gonna be a looker one day. I shows how strong genetics are, the Walker blood is very minimal but I do gravitate towards the dogs with the houndier traits usually.

Ken his daddy. He was a smoking fast sucker in his prime but has been crippled in his left rear stifle and is one eyed now but still gets the job done.

Reba his momma on the left and Ava on the right. They are first cousins for the sake of simplicity. Reba doesn’t get used much. About the time I was going to start hauling her, she got spider bit on her front foot. It blew up quick and swole up so bad that it literally dislocated her toes. The big pad in the center of the foot literally rotted out even on super strong antibiotics and being soaked and scrubbed twice a day. Her siblings are really nice dogs and she hunts and works hard until that foot gets soar and then you have to put her up. I have really high hopes for ole King.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2024, 04:19:09 pm »

You can see the deformity in her front right foot in the picture where she’s eating.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 17, 2024, 04:23:04 pm »

King’s brother on the left and sister on the right. There is one more female and she looks like King.

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2024, 06:03:38 pm »

You can see the deformity in her front right foot in the picture where she’s eating.

Man that pup has some good conformation! Heck they’re all built right!

Man I’ve never seen a spider do that but I believe it strange things happen in the dog world if you’re around it long enough!

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2024, 06:05:46 pm »

Your pups look good. You for sure keep them healthy.

I just picked up my pup today from a buddy. His momma is Outlaws grandma which makes Deputy Dawgs Moon gyp an aunt to him. His daddy is a littermate to my Ava gyp. They are more closely related than that but I won’t bore y’all with all that. His name is King. He came by the name a couple of ways. One, this particular buddy is always telling me that I’m his hero and I always tell him nah, “your the King”. Second, this pups daddy is named Ken. Ken is the name I gave him before Kyle (Barbie) and Ben King picked him up as a weanling. I just combined their names lol. So coming from the King and the Kings, I figured it appropriate. He’s gonna be a looker one day. I shows how strong genetics are, the Walker blood is very minimal but I do gravitate towards the dogs with the houndier traits usually.

Ken his daddy. He was a smoking fast sucker in his prime but has been crippled in his left rear stifle and is one eyed now but still gets the job done.

Reba his momma on the left and Ava on the right. They are first cousins for the sake of simplicity. Reba doesn’t get used much. About the time I was going to start hauling her, she got spider bit on her front foot. It blew up quick and swole up so bad that it literally dislocated her toes. The big pad in the center of the foot literally rotted out even on super strong antibiotics and being soaked and scrubbed twice a day. Her siblings are really nice dogs and she hunts and works hard until that foot gets soar and then you have to put her up. I have really high hopes for ole King.

And thank you sir yeah we try to keep all these dogs in good health can’t stand a dog that’s not being cared for correctly unfortunately it’s way too common in this game

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2024, 06:39:32 pm »

You’re correct, it’s too common. I’ve seen several people I wanted lock in the kennel their dogs were in or put them on the chain their dog was on and let them drink the same green slime water with no shade and only be fed whenever the person felt like it. I’d like to them to the woods and kick them out and tell to go find me a hog and if they didn’t or they didn’t do it the way I wanted them to then do the ultimate cull. Don’t give them the consideration that they are sick, or weak, cut up and beat up, dehydrated, malnourished, or no feet because the urine and feces have blistered them so bad. Yeah it gets to me too!

I can’t say 100% that a spider bite is what it was. It was an educated guess. The vet I had look at it said absolutely there wasn’t anything in it and him and my buddy both said that it looked identical to what they had seen in a couple of their greyhounds and that those were spider bites. Freak deal, and like we all know, it only happens to the good ones.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: