March 28, 2024, 11:23:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First of 2021  (Read 969 times)
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2021, 10:30:20 am »

[mention]haakdt [/mention]invited me to hunt Saturday morning on a new piece that buts up to some more private land he’s had to hunt for the past few years caught a decent little boar hog After a slow start and got it off the property for them

The land owner of the new piece told us that we were in the clear to hunt and well long story short the bordering landowners to the new piece had no idea we were there hog hunting on the last weekend of deer season but after many apologies and just shooting the breeze they told us to call them any time and we can go get our dogs or cut through their land whenever we need so 2021 is looking up so far!

Hope everyone else’s year starts off right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you cant be smart quote smart people

the more i learn about people the more i love my dog - Mark Twain
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 12:44:44 pm »

Good looking boar and sounds like those deer hunters were a lot more understanding then most.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 02:32:23 pm »

Wish everyone had that much sense. It goes that way pretty often when people see that your trying to do things right as a hunter. Glad it started well for y’all.

Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 08:37:56 am »

Good deal

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 11:17:14 am »

Good looking boar and sounds like those deer hunters were a lot more understanding then most.
Thank you sir

Yessir I was definitely surprised they were pretty level headed and understanding about it

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 11:24:46 am »

Wish everyone had that much sense. It goes that way pretty often when people see that your trying to do things right as a hunter. Glad it started well for y’all.

Yessir me too, I hope we can continue to have a good hunting relationship with those guys, I just hope some other hunter doesn’t sneak in there and ruin the hunting for everyone

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 07:37:22 pm »

Good hunt glad all that turned out good

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 07:45:15 pm »

Good hunt glad all that turned out good

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Thank you sir

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 07:35:59 pm »

Glad it went that way for you. I had dogs relay after killing a sow Sunday morning, and cross in to a neighboring property. Got them on leashes and walked them out, grabbed the sow and headed out to the truck. The land neighbor was waiting for us at the truck and got all pissy about the dogs crossing. I tried to work it out and asked if he had a number I could call if it happens again, told him I could catch and kill the pig, turn it loose, or whatever he wanted. He told me he didn’t want me to turn out on my legal land there so it wouldn’t happen again. Told him it doesn’t work like that and he started saying he would call his dnr buddy. Well long story kinda short, I told him to go ahead and do it so we could get it worked out.

I wait 45 minutes for DNR to get there, everything goes well with them. They search all through my stuff then asked about the situation and acted like we were fine. He goes and talks to the other guy then comes back and gives us tickets for the max for a first offense. “Trespassing to hunt” and a $200 ticket that takes 14/18 of the points on your license. Never been in trouble before and tried to do the right thing just to get screwed. He wrote multiple things wrong on the ticket, lied to me about the points, and it seems like a conflict of interest if he was friends with the other guy. I have my lawyer looking in to it now and am going to try and get it dropped in court. I sure wouldn’t recommend a friend to go about it the same way... I would’ve been better off to just drive off.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 07:43:50 pm »

Glad it went that way for you. I had dogs relay after killing a sow Sunday morning, and cross in to a neighboring property. Got them on leashes and walked them out, grabbed the sow and headed out to the truck. The land neighbor was waiting for us at the truck and got all pissy about the dogs crossing. I tried to work it out and asked if he had a number I could call if it happens again, told him I could catch and kill the pig, turn it loose, or whatever he wanted. He told me he didn’t want me to turn out on my legal land there so it wouldn’t happen again. Told him it doesn’t work like that and he started saying he would call his dnr buddy. Well long story kinda short, I told him to go ahead and do it so we could get it worked out.

I wait 45 minutes for DNR to get there, everything goes well with them. They search all through my stuff then asked about the situation and acted like we were fine. He goes and talks to the other guy then comes back and gives us tickets for the max for a first offense. “Trespassing to hunt” and a $200 ticket that takes 14/18 of the points on your license. Never been in trouble before and tried to do the right thing just to get screwed. He wrote multiple things wrong on the ticket, lied to me about the points, and it seems like a conflict of interest if he was friends with the other guy. I have my lawyer looking in to it now and am going to try and get it dropped in court. I sure wouldn’t recommend a friend to go about it the same way... I would’ve been better off to just drive off.

Sounds to me like that ol boy and his DNR buddy are a couple culls

I hate that they’re trying to put the screws to you when you were trying to do the right thing, hopefully y’all can get it all resolved with you coming out on the better end bud

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 09:58:11 pm »

So we’re you parked on the place you had permission to hunt or on the the guys place that filed on you for trespassing? We are in hyper drive as a people to become complete idiots. Being able to tone your dogs is more important everyday. If you could’ve toned them in you could’ve avoided this ticket. Now you can say the prayer I say when I meet these type folks.

Lord, thank you for another day in the woods with my friends, family, and dogs. Thank you for the patience to deal with idiots and the good judgement not to act out my instincts. Lord please don’t stop these hogs from rooting these folks house off it’s foundation or poles from under their barns.   AMEN

Goose87
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 10:35:59 am »

Does your state have a right to retrieve your dog law...
chestonmcdowell
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2021, 10:14:09 pm »

I had a run into a neighboring land owner a few weeks ago too on a place I’ve been hunting for years (my land owner had asked everyone’s permission and told them I’d be around, but I had never met any of them) The day after rifle season were in there walking out of the woods just killed a sow and I see a f250 parked next to my truck. After he asked me if I knew I was on private  property and cleared up who I was and who I was with I found out he was a bow hunter. thankfully he was a cool guy and just asked me to not come back until the end of bow season and to always call if I was going to cross into there. He even asked if he could tag along. I’ve heard some horror stories good thing yours wasn’t one of them.

Mathews mission venture
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 07:57:56 pm »

i know each state is different but here in california if a landowner sees your dogs persuing any animal on his land he is within his rights to kill em all. some years ago i had a judge convict me of hunting trespass and told us the minute our dogs went onto land we didnt have permission to hunt that we were guilty of hunting trespass as the dogs were considered to be working as our agents. glad poster came out ok .
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 12:19:01 pm »

T-dog, I was parked at my landowners house. The neighbor had driven up there and was parked beside us waiting on us to get done hunting. Sure sucks to deal with people like that. I try to do right by everyone I meet, seems like some people just insist on not getting along with people.

Goose, I was always told that if dogs crossed you could legally go get them as long as you did not carry a firearm and did not kill the game. But I’ll be darned if after looking in to the laws more after getting the ticket, it does say that retrieving dogs is considered trespassing to hunt. SC has apparently taken steps towards new laws in the past few years that are not in the favor of dog hunters. Sucks that you get burned after trying to do what you think is the right thing. Lessons learned I guess. My mom works at a big law firm so one of the lawyers sent the judge a letter stating he was defending me and wanted a jury trial, at least that way I can try to get the points dropped off the ticket since I’ve never been in any trouble before

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: