March 28, 2024, 06:02:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New alpha  (Read 839 times)
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2021, 09:19:24 am »

Was wondering if anybody was using it yet I looked at it I don't think I will change from the 100 till something happens to it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 09:30:30 am »

I like it. I got it mostly for the inreach texting for my offshore fishing boat. It also is convenient for the collar groups when I occasionally run deer hounds.

As far as hog hunting there is not a huge difference. I still use the 100. Bigger screen, easier training buttons.If I didn't want the inreach I would not have switched so early.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 06:16:14 pm »

Yea I haven't held one just read about it I don't think I will change unless something happens to mine

ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 11:27:52 am »

I’m liking it so far. I have had every system Garmin has made but the 430. I personally think it has a better screen then the 100. I like the way I can track the dogs off my phone and see the map on it. But I personally feel that it has worse battery life then the 100’s. My 100 would last two hunts at least if I didn’t charge it. I ran this one down yesterday. Started the hunt at 9 ended at 3. Was on 100% ran it down to in the 40’s I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 12:10:48 pm »

I was told it didn't have as good of battery life does it use same batteries as the 100 I wonder

cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 02:22:56 pm »

The 200 screen is different to help for the glare of the sun. So most people don't turn down the screen brightness on the 200. With the settings the same on both units it seems about the same. I use them side by side and the end of the hunt they are about the same battery usage.

They have the same battery.
ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2021, 06:55:49 pm »

I was told it didn't have as good of battery life does it use same batteries as the 100 I wonder

Yeah it takes the same battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: