April 28, 2024, 05:05:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cold weekend  (Read 624 times)
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2021, 10:42:17 am »

Hunted the annual Dylan Dingler Hog round up this weekend with same guys I always do and finished 3rd overall with a 5 hog stringer of 1039# and won big sow sidepot with a 227# sow. She wasn’t biggest one weighed but biggest that was signed up. Ended up wh a boar that weighed 174# and 4 sows that were 210# - 227#. Only caught those 5 too! It was tough. Had several bays that broke. Young dogs did real good this wknd. Only thing that had to be doctored was my buddy, Darrell. Had a sow bayed on edge of creek and she met cds and hit creek. All dogs jumped in and she almost drown them along wh herself. When he jumped in to catch em she met him head up and bit his arm!!! Ol Darrell held on though and got her to the bank! Thankfully he’ll be ok or at least so far. Got him pretty good. Overall it was good turn out for tournament wh a total of 28 teams. Got beat outta 1st by 92# and 2nd by 40#. We’ll give hell again next year. Here’s a few pics.

Lake Haven Kennels
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 10:46:39 am »

Lake Haven Kennels
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 11:02:02 am »

God dang jay.  Y’all hung in there with all kind of things went wrong. That buddy of urs is a soldier lol.  Congrats to y’all.  Y’all sure deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 11:38:28 am »

Good hogs and nice buckles, congratulations

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 12:20:32 pm »

Congrats on a good showing and good hunt.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2021, 06:58:31 pm »

Heck yea gooden good hunt glad y'all come out good we was going to hunt it but I ended up having to leave and go to work

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 09:46:53 pm »

Thanks guys. Highwater I talked to Darrell earlier and his arm is doing better. Praying and hoping nothing comes of it. It’s a bad feeling when you see a good buddy in some pain like he was. He was wet head to toe and she worked his arm over pretty good. Could’ve been worse but we all know when you see your dogs in a bind you’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. That’s why we’re “hog hunters!”

Lake Haven Kennels
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2021, 09:57:37 pm »

I know what u mean man.  Not many of us have to see when a buddy gets in a real bind especially doin something that’s suppose to be fun.   Reminds me of a red boar that me and my buddy crawled in a cutover on.  We thought the cd caught the only hog that was there squeling.  Lol.  Man that was something lookin eye to eye to him.  When I jumped up and my buddy was behind me.  I had time to jump and push off the boar hog when he ran up underneath my buddy and cut him deep in the thigh.  Glad it wasn’t worse than it could’ve been for ur buddy.  Y’all stay hunkered down thru this ice man. Take care.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 10:13:41 pm »

Thanks Highwater.......yea it’s hitting hard here right now. Got dogs bundled up and fireplace a blazing! Prayers out to the ETHD family that’s about to be affected by this storm.

Lake Haven Kennels
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 06:35:58 pm »

Dang good run and nice buckle
Congrats
Sounds like your buddy tuff
Y’all will wear your buckles and laugh at it one day

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Pages: [1]   Go Up