April 20, 2024, 04:08:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long day  (Read 816 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2021, 05:14:02 pm »

Since Deer season has been out Rowdy and have been hunting a few times but something has messed us up for one reason or another and we ain't put our hands on one together like the other evening we ran a big boar all the way out the club and bayed him in a ladies pond in her backyard up against her horse barn and hog pen had to shock the dogs off while we were watching them bay a 300+ Boarhog Rowdy was yelling daddy send Dozer he's right there but the woman wasn't happy so we caught up and left her the boar.

This morning we got up before the sun and went to try a spot that's never got many hogs but my son in law said there were some in there during deer season.I brought Hambone Cypress ABJ my pup Pretty and Dozer casted dogs in few spots and came up empty dogs were hunting really well though casting deep every drop finally at about 10am casted them towards the river and Cypress ground and ground and finally jumped a group about .75 she ran them round and round a huge swamp till 12:30pm and finally came bayed we walked in from 800 and sent Dozer he caught a spotted sow and 2 other spotted sows and some shoats came running out of the blow down.ABJ was right on ones ass headed north Hambone and Cypress took one south.Loose communication on all three cut her loose and head back to truck finally get outa the swamp plug in long range and ABJ is bayed 1.5 north and Cypress and Hambone are bayed 1.5 south.Head to ABJ finally get to him get the second spotted sow caught and released by now it's 1:30 and head south to Hambone and Cypress get to 900from them and head in get there finally catch her snap pics and cut her loose at 3:00pm Rowdy made every hog on foot and  sure made me proud.Everytime we'd sit down for a pic he'd slap em on the ass and call em Sally lol.Didn't take long in the truck and he was out.Fine day in the woods with my Boy some decent dogs and good friends

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 06:13:58 pm »

Sounds like a great day with the family and friends and exceptional dog work.  I cant tell you how many times deerhunters have told me they were loaded with hogs and go there after season and nothing. Once they quit feeding corn, the hogs disappear.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 06:51:12 pm »

Man that’s a fine day with ur boy.   Won’t never forget them ole days when mine was little like that.  Fine dog work for them to stick to em like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2021, 06:55:52 pm »

That's a fine day there!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2021, 07:47:07 pm »

Heck yeah that was a good hunt cracker. The hunts with my boys and my nephew are always the best ones. It won’t be the last time that boy makes you proud, not the way you’re raising him.

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2021, 05:03:04 am »

I appreciate it y'all it was funny as Heck he woke up from his nap and we were home he said awe man I wanted to keep huntin.

The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2021, 05:17:37 am »

That boy is a dandy, if nothing happens he'll probably carry on with your dogs too.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 06:02:21 am »

Good hunt sounds like dogs worked good that boy going to make you a hand

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 07:46:57 pm »

Yeah he's a keeper for sure.

Old Man I sure hope I can keep some decent dogs going for him to take over one day he sure does love em.

The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 09:16:56 pm »

You have done well with each succeeding generation since I have followed them on here, no reason to believe you can't continue to.
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2021, 06:38:48 am »

Sounds like a good fun day Cracker
Good hunt I bet and good change from hunting off the airboat

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
RBz_OFFROAD
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2021, 07:18:36 am »

Heck of a day.   When the works put in and a hog like that is the end result it makes it all worth it..
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2021, 08:22:53 am »

Thanks Yep RBZ that's three different sows all looked identical we seen all three when they bayed the group the rest was 20-50# shoalts.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2021, 09:22:41 pm »

Nice hunt bubba looks like little man having a blast

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: