April 19, 2024, 08:45:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11th Annual Veterans hunt.  (Read 677 times)
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2021, 05:16:05 am »

Held our 11th annual veteran hunt this past weekend with Rocking W and Kbar. Did a bit of a reunion with some guys that we had come out years back. Had a good time, caught 18, had a good relaxing hunt and the guys really enjoyed themselves. As always, we involve the kids so that they can learn to give back to these great men. Below is a message I received the next day - really makes it all worth it.

From Marty:

I’m home safe and as sound as I ever was. 

Thanks doesn’t come close for the camaraderie you bring to Veterans, the bond you create with your families, and the memories that will last a lifetime.  Thank you very much.

The Ranger hat I wore, Jimmy gave to me last summer.  The shirt I wore was from the Ranger Ben Kopp Memorial Ride, a Ranger who died from wounds.  Those were both on me when I killed 6 or 7 pigs and ran my heart out.  It was a wonderful trip for me.  I released a lot of frustration while absorbing the love of many. 

I have Go Pro footage, I will hopefully get to you all.  Will, whatever you airdropped to me did not arrive.  My phone died by the fire and I guess it was dropped. 

If I die tomorrow, I’m going to be gloating and bragging about my hog dogging days!

May God bless you and your families.
You guys work miracles.  I had no idea I could run.  I worried I would disappoint.  Plus, I had never met Jeremie and it’s always a joy to be with Tuck.  Add to that seeing Ryler in his underwear...well, that’s what dreams are made for. 
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 05:19:01 am »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:46:15 am »

man,, that is awesome.. things in life like that will never be forgotten...  glad it all worked out for yall   Fine hunt and good lookin yeller dogs

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 06:59:14 am »

That is awesome. To give back to those that have given so much is such a great way to show our appreciation. Great job.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 07:56:30 am »

Awesome on several levels bud. Sounds like you got as much from it as they did. Sure glad it went so well.

GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 04:04:52 pm »

Man that’s awesome!! Small things to some mean so much to others. Congrats on the hunt!!

Lake Haven Kennels
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 04:50:07 pm »

Dogs, Hogs , and everything along with it can be used for the good use- seems like you know how to do it - congrats

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 06:08:31 pm »

Doing something once is a nice gesture but sticking with it 11 years shows a heck of a commitment.  Hats off to you from this veteran.
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 09:16:56 pm »

Dam right

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 12:29:33 pm »

Being a vet myself, thank you for doing that for those guys. I heard good things about Kopp, he was a warrior through and through. They had a hell of a gun fight when he was killed. I know several other guys were injured, can’t remember if there were more KIA, but they put in work on the Taliban that day.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: