March 29, 2024, 09:25:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GRANDSON'S HUNT THIS MORNING  (Read 715 times)
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:38:00 pm »

Adam and I took two of my grandson's hunting this morning, we cast into a place and struck a group of hogs in a big thicket on a hill they ran around and around and split several times but all stayed in the same area, finally all 5 dogs left out  together, we drove around and found them bayed, with 5 dogs all there and baying, 4 of them with a tendency to be rough it had to be a good hog or else backed in an ideal spot. The snap didn't close on the catchdogs leash and he got away farther out than I wanted and they were in a briar patch, I heard the catch and when we got there we saw a black boar maybe just a pinch bigger than the Russian hog a few days ago, I got him legged and the boys started catching the baydogs, several of them were leaking, we broke Grip off and hobbled the boar then went to checking the baydogs out, the only one that needed veterinarian attention was Little Joe, his wound was not terrible but he had gotten his sheath cut off his penis and we needed some dissolving suture for the internal stiches so on the way home we stopped by the vets office "Adam's sister" and got him fixed up, the rest of them were skin cuts or pokes that will be fine. This is twice that the dogs have singled a boar out of a group and stayed on him until bayed, maybe they are learning what we want haha, I have had 2 different sets of dogs in the past that would run through sows and stay on a boar.

It was the boys first hog catching and they got to see and do some things that were all new to them.

A COUPLE OF OL'GRIP-CATCHDOGS THE UNSUNG HEROES OR A NECESSARY EVIL HAHA

I GAVE THEM HIS HEAD TO TAKE HOME AS A MOMENTO OF THEIR FIRST HOG

HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 03:16:58 pm »

What an awesome hunt, I would say by the looks on their faces you lit the fire!

BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 03:59:23 pm »

That’s what it’s about right there...boar had some sure enough teeth to some damage.  Hopefully Lil Hoe learned a thing or two!
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 05:37:21 pm »

He looked like the fast kind.  Good hooks on him too.  Hope the dog heals up right for y’all. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 05:46:52 pm »

Looks to me like those young men will have something to talk about. They look pretty happy.  Sounds like the dogs were putting in some good work too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 07:53:09 pm »

Thats what it is all about. Those boys will be telling tales at school now. lol That is a good boar hog with some good cutters. Hope Lil Joe heals up soon.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 06:49:18 pm »

The boys were excited and had a blast, that boar came off the place I call Brave Sucker Hill. 
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2021, 09:00:40 pm »

Looks like they had a real good time good hog hope dogs heal up soon

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

shadygrovehawgdawg
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2021, 09:12:41 pm »

Good deal Clue , sounds like some good dog work, hope they get healed up quick. Glad the boys got them a trophy to show off too. Hopefully that will be the first of many more hunts to come for you and them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: