March 28, 2024, 07:35:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st trip back for Raylynn  (Read 892 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:25:46 pm »

The nephew and I made a round this morning. It was Raylynn’s first trip in a while due to having a litter of pups. Took her  and Ava and Sam who are out of her and then her nephew Tex. We collared Tex and Sam first and were going to cast them from
The truck while we collared the others. Sam left with purpose and before we got done he was baying a large sounder. They split up on him and him and Tex stayed bayed in the bottom. About 20+ hogs came out of the bottom and were crossing the pasture in front of us about 120-30 yards away. We sent Ava, Raylynn, and my catch dog Loki to that group. The gyps stretched a smaller hog and Loki smoked a good sow. The girls rolled over and went to the males that were bayed and we went and caught that one. Raylynn left before he was flat on his side. We tracked her and she was back the way we came from at .75 so caught the other dogs and headed that way. She wasn’t bayed so we cast the others and they were all combing the same area. Ava put up and everyone got there. Sent Loki and a small group went out the back door while he was going in the front. Didn’t do them much good though, he was caught within 100 yards. Then Ava and Raylynn put up again about  . 7 from us in the bottom again. We get there and he breaks out the back and again, leaving thick cover wasn’t smart. They had that boar caught in the creek. They immediately roll over again and this time they all got spread out. We caught Raylynn and Sam but Tex was still over the hill doing whatever and Ava was bayed at .68 again. We get over there and I sent Sam to her because it took us about an hour to get there. Walked in with Loki and sealed the deal on that one and went to the house. No trophies but some decent hogs. Looks like there are gonna be plenty of hogs for a while judging by the crop of shorts we saw. We were going to tie the one hog but my nephew’s trigger finger was itching to try out his new sticker that WOW made him. Think we are gonna name the blade “butter” because it goes in like your cutting hot butter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 07:40:59 pm »

Sounds like the dogs were not barn sour. A action packed day. Show us a close up of the knife. Looks like a horse rasp.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 08:23:37 pm »

It is made out of a rasp Cajun. That sucker is sharp too. It went in as easy as one can and when he pushed it away from himself it about cut the hog in half. Definitely a quick and effortless kill.

shadygrovehawgdawg
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:19:56 pm »

Great hunt and dog work t-dog , glad to hear she hasn’t lost a step. Nice knife, I like the looks of it.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 09:35:22 pm »

Real ice knife.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 09:36:52 pm »

supposed to say real nice knife.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 10:34:24 pm »

That's a real good hunt, if you guys had hunted all day you'd have to find a new spot to hunt there wouldn't have been any hogs left in that area.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2021, 07:13:34 am »

Old man that’s the sad part, you could hunt this spot all day for days and not damage the population. It’s a hogs paradise. They have food sources of many kinds, acorns, pecans, nut grass, cattle feed, etc. Their water sources are good with a creek and several small branches that feed into it right there, along with numerous stock ponds (we call’em tanks around here). They have really good cover in high ground and in the bottoms. It’s fun to hunt but sometimes it’s too easy and I have to make sure that I hunt places that aren’t as plentiful for fear of spoiling my pot lickers.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2021, 07:22:21 am »

I had to laugh at the nephew yesterday. After my nephew stuck the hog that Loki and Tex caught, hog #4, he said “gotta right this one down”. I asked why and he said cause I beat you here to the hog. I started laughing and he asked why. I said, where are you standing? He said in the water. I said there ya go, I won. I knew the tank was here and that they were possibly in it. Why would I hurry and get wet when I could let you? His face was a little disappointed lol. I told him there’s a lot to be said for wisdom, lol. He was proud for a second or two.

Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2021, 01:14:40 pm »

Like that open country pic.
WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2021, 11:33:59 pm »

Glad that knife is working for him, I told him to send me a pic with blood on it.
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2021, 04:52:22 pm »

Great pics

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2021, 12:06:08 pm »

Sounds like good hunt good dog work

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk