April 16, 2024, 12:06:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Muddy n Bloody in GA  (Read 1005 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2021, 10:04:43 pm »

Made a trip to GA to drop my niece off who stayed the summer with us and decided to load up some dogs and Hunt a couple days.I gave a couple of pups out of Hambone and Cypress to two of my good buddies up there and was really looking forward to hunting with them they're 16 months old now.Went to my Buddy Jake's on Saturday and ran hogs all day shoulda caught 4or 5 but only put hands on one sow as luck would have it just a series of events that kept us from catching the hogs for one reason or another highways border's and what not.Had a great time with Jake ate good food and talked dogs.I was impressed with the Angel dog out of my dogs she found her own twice and had a lot of stick.

Headed over to Ol Muddy's on Saturday evening ate another fine supper and got up early to check some corn for some tracks.Just so happens right where we pulled up to unload the buggy and fourwheeler there was a Giant track.Muddy put Jemima down and I dropped Hambone.They worked on it for a bit and Jemima started to leave with it Hambones collar messed up so I caught him up changed collars and went ahead and boogered that on up.Muddy walked Peewee (Cypress x Hambone pup)down the road where Jemima crossed and he took off she had gone through one branch crossed a peanut field and was working in the next branch when he caught up they ground on it and crossed another road and went into a nasty bottom in the next branch ol Muddy says that's where they'll be and dang sure was they bayed briefly but it broke and the race was on  by this time i had gotten Hambone back with em they ran a long ways Muddy guessed 4 but it felt a good bit further when we was hauling ass down the highway wide open forever but either way they got him bayed in the best place possible right on a dirt road in between some planted pines and a cut over walked Dozer right to em and caught a Damn Fine GA Barr Hog!!! Jemima and Peewee left off him but we had to catch em up.The dogs did an outstanding job Muddy has a really nice little team with Jemima and Peewee and Dozer made another excellent Catch he's still batting a 1000 if I ain't mistaking and he been on a pile.I had a blast with good friends and good dog's sure do appreciate it.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 12:35:38 am »

Good times, that's a toad!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 06:58:49 am »

Man that sounds like a good time Cracker. A bunch of good looking dogs too. That is a heck of a hog. How different was the country from what you hunt normally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 08:03:03 am »

That is a fine Barr hog. Good work by the dogs and glad yall had a good hunt.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 09:09:14 am »

Man yall had a good round .. fine dog work for sure,,  them dogs that put them hogs at the end of a race like that shows you what HOGDOGS are really like..  fine teeth on him too 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 07:02:53 pm »

Good times for sure !
Cmon on back whenever you want cracker !

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 12:08:34 pm »

T-dog it's different in everyway terrain style and methods but I sure do enjoy huntin up there.My stress level is at a zero up there mainly because of the lack of Gators they have them there but nothing like we have also the roads have very little traffic so that's another reason.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2021, 12:18:00 pm »

I gotcha. I sure understand it too. It’s gotta make you feel good for the dogs to go to different terrain and do well too.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 12:19:44 pm »

I think a lot of people take that for granted. Not all dogs do well in different types of terrain and especially when you throw in the different styles and methods obstacles.

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2021, 04:21:54 am »

Dang good hog sounds like some good dog work

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2021, 09:04:38 pm »

Looks like a good time bubba