April 19, 2024, 07:39:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bested myself !  (Read 1090 times)
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: July 30, 2021, 03:56:54 pm »

Went for what was supposed to be a quick exercise turned into a crazy evenin. Had all dogs goofin off in the ditch after a mile or so run and decided to go look for a yote. Anyways this big sun of a gun was laying in the road apparently in a puddle coolin off. Its 7 oclock and 102 i figured nothing would be out. But sometimes i can get a shot at a yote coming out of the orchards Anyways i have a young Wager dog about a year and half old and my bulldog X trigg on the ground both are under 2. Never saw him but i guess when we hit that puddle the rig came  alive and them 2 pups set out like they was on a rabbit...lol.30 seconds maybe and they had him sat on his nuts. These 2 have saw a hog 1 other time at about 8 mo old and wanted nothing to do with it nothing... Anyways i sent the others and it all blew up , no bulldogs just rough as them come curs mixed with a little this and that.  Dogs where falling out of trees , 1 would get a hold and get shook before another could or i could. Went for seemed forever but only about 45 seconds. Well i had to call em off and put 2 from the single six in him from about 3 feet away. Dont like to do that at all but sheat was getting western. Its a plus being able to drive right to it in these orchards way quicker than runnin. And the whole time i have my lady and her lil girls on the rig. Needless to say ill be searching for 2 bulldogs now and switching my name to "roughcurs and a bulldog" haha . Sorry for the long read but i dont usually post but this is my personal best to date. 395#  Not really any good pics of the hog , i had to deal with dogs. The Wager pup i gave away for barking in the kennel and about 5 mo go by and he calls and says the same thing .So I  took the pup back and so happy i did. Only had him back about 3 months , the other guy never did anything with him.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 06:58:29 pm »

Man that’s awesome. It sure is one of the highlights of hunting when the young dogs do good. I guess you’ll have to start taking your lady and the girls all the time since they are evidently good luck charms. Oh and those dogs sure look nice from what can be seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 07:16:00 pm »

Dang, that's a lot of hog! Well done!
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 07:29:43 pm »

That's a good one for sure and the young dogs picked a whopper to shine on. Was it a boar or a Barr. Either way he has been eating good.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 07:41:51 pm »

Thanks tdog. I finally got taptalk figured out so i can post some more pics. Way out exactly what she said. She has been telling i was dummy for getting rid of  him, but he sure did look like he was doing it right.  I thought it was huge sow by the shape but it had set on him, i was surprised. Been geting subtubs or some deer corn or something. He had at least 3" of fat. But thanks guys. I hope to get these youngin going my other 3 have some years behind em. Never needed a bulldog untill i lost my main dog so like said hope he does well.
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 06:29:05 am »

Nice hawg man. Glad you got out of that one unscathed!

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2021, 04:21:25 pm »

Man that was a great read! I always hate those situations when it’s in the moment, makes me nervous for the dogs, especially if it’s a hunt where I’m by myself (which is usually when something like that happens for me). It’s nice to sit back and laugh about the story once it’s all said and done with. Nice young dogs!

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 06:22:49 pm »

Thats a hell of a boar hog Monte. Thats a heck of a hog to start on lol.
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 10:18:07 pm »

Autesus yes real lucky . Probably catch some slack but no gear on the dogs will really make you pucker and think  twice. But the you g dog had him stopped and i couldn't let it go. Rednose thanks it was definitely a good one for the young dogs.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 09:39:31 am »

I know the feeling. I’m in Hopkins, SC and our summer has been cooler than usual, but 91 degrees with 100% humidity can still be miserable even at night. The dogs I’m running right now aren’t completely suicidal like some of my old dogs so I’ve been skimping on the vest sometimes. I have some friends that don’t run vests at all but I try to anytime I can. Makes it a lot less stressful when you’re trying to hurry to dogs that are caught a good ways out. I really like the southern cross ultra flex elite strike vest, but I’m probably gonna pickup a hairy holder when I have some extra funds to try that out for the heat

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2021, 04:24:53 pm »

Autesus the ss short from   Hardcore is a great light weight vest.
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2021, 09:46:03 am »

Dang good hog man!

if you cant be smart quote smart people

the more i learn about people the more i love my dog - Mark Twain
Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2021, 09:03:14 pm »