March 29, 2024, 09:52:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 687 times)
Form 4 Function
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2021, 11:09:59 am »

Been catching some pretty good boars lately but most i don't have pictures of.      One of the boars i took pictures of afterwards when i got him loaded in a trailer.  He weighed 297 when i sold him.   The dog had just got done rigging a nice boar off the truck.  Think its the pig in the first picture.   After tying that boar down i drove about 1/4 mile on down and the dogs sounded off again. I got to the closet dog which was Tuff.  He had that big 297 boar by himself and they were in a thick plum thicket that was overtaken by johnson grass.  So i couldn't see 6 inches and couldn't get to them.  I could here the crap being torn down and laid over in there but couldn't get there.  I expected to find both dogs on the pig at this point.  I run around till i could find a small trail into the thicket and when i made it to the catch it was just Tuff holding a real big boar on the edge of a 8 or 9 feet circle they had torn up and had laid over during tge battle.  This little spot allowed me to get tge big boar flipped and tied.    When i started tying, Tuff rolled out 430 yards to the east to assist the other dog holding another pig till i got there.       After that i quit hunting and just started recovering pigs

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:02:26 pm »

Is the white dog the new English bull terrier you got?
Form 4 Function
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 12:07:19 pm »

Yes thats her.   I was loaned a vest for her from a man on here.      Couple days after her first hunt with me she came in heat.  The dog I'm gonna breed her too isn't quite sexually mature yet so she is put up for about another week

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »

Some good hogs there. Nice work.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 06:28:05 pm »

Yes thats her.   I was loaned a vest for her from a man on here.      Couple days after her first hunt with me she came in heat.  The dog I'm gonna breed her too isn't quite sexually mature yet so she is put up for about another week

She’s earning her feed
Form 4 Function
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 07:59:27 pm »

Some good hogs there. Nice work.

Thank you.    I'm looking forward to this winter and another set of dogs to start
Form 4 Function
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 09:27:51 pm »

She’s earning her feed

Yeah she is an intense and interesting little dog.     Breeding to her will probably tip some of the dogs to a more bully type intensity than I'd like but hopefully i can still keep an excellent handlenon the offspring when engaged like i do my other dogs.   It will be interesting for sure. 
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 07:23:27 am »

Sounds like a good hunt Dean, Tuff is a stud to hold a boar that big by himself and it not break or wreck him. That joker is the size of a horse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 03:04:17 pm »

Did you pay transport fee for that Ebt ? Just curious if its the same dog i was looking at.
Form 4 Function
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 08:26:03 pm »

Sounds like a good hunt Dean, Tuff is a stud to hold a boar that big by himself and it not break or wreck him. That joker is the size of a horse!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you.   I hope to have a couple more little Tuffs running around here next year just as good or better.  I have a pretty remarkable half sister to him here
Form 4 Function
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 08:28:53 pm »

Did you pay transport fee for that Ebt ? Just curious if its the same dog i was looking at.

Yes, she was being transported by Jason "Hillbilly" Turner
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: