April 19, 2024, 01:42:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stuck at home with the Corona  (Read 1001 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2021, 08:01:03 pm »

Been hunting here and there not near enough cause I don't have a good huntin partner mainly but been getting out a few times a month.Ive started hunting my young male Stanky off of Hambone and Cypress.He's really progressing fast and has a ton of hunt and natural stock sense that is as good as I have seen in such a small amount of exposure.Every hog he's seen he's known exactly what to do like the other night his 3rd hog he's ever seen was a 150# sow he barked a couple times and sucked up an ear than an HR  later he bayed a 135# boar hog that was rank as could be for a small boar with 1.5" teeth.He really has me excited for the coming year to watch him progress.

My  family has come down with corona and my Airboat is at the shop getting new rigging built and archery season has me shut down in the club so it's going to be a couple weeks before I can get out anyhow. Any way here's a few pics from the last couple hunt's.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 08:22:09 pm »

Good hunts man.  I sure would like to know how u dodged that corona til now.   We had it right off the bat last yr.   sure hope y’all don’t have a bad run with it man.  I’ve had some friends had it pretty bad.  It took me til day 5 to start getting over it but it took my wife and daughter about 2 weeks.   We’ll be praying for y’all

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 08:57:30 pm »

Praying for y’all for sure. Since this Delta strain hit I know several that have had it and several that lost the battle with it. We have a funeral tomorrow for Niece and nephew’s grandfather on their dad’s side. Him and his sister in law both lost to COVID a day apart. It can be tough for sure.

Those dogs sure look good. I’m glad that pup is working so well already. How many of them did you keep? Are you able to keep pretty good track of the others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 04:25:25 am »

I appreciate it y'all yeah this is some nasty stuff.I ended up Keeping 2 a male and a female I have kept up and hunted with the whole litter and all are making dogs that breeding definitely clicked.The only complaint I have about the litter is they're not very big dogs other than Stanky there average cur dogs but Holly and Hambone threw bigger dogs Cypress is a smaller female and in general her pups are around her size about 48-50# Stanky definitely took to Hambones size probably #75 though.The ringneck standing up on the gunwale in the boat is another pup from that litter named CJ she's already a very consistent reliable dog and seems to have an above average nose and locating ability she's also pretty dang gritty.

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 04:54:02 am »

I hope y'all get better looks like some good hunts and good looking dogs sounds like the young dogs are coming on good

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 04:19:10 pm »

Cracker, sure hope the family heals up quick. That Varient seemd to be really tough. Glad your pup is clicking. has to be tough running your airboat this time of the year. That grass is really thick and sticky.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2021, 04:34:55 am »

Thanks , yeah Cajun the prettier Green the stickier it is.Hopefully  he finishes up with my boat soon getting all new stainless rigging,new rudders,Fuel tank,seats, gauge's and panel,paint and seadeck gonna be shinning like a new Penny can't wait to let the dogs scratch and crap all over it lol.My boat builder and his family just got over the corona too it took them out for a couple of weeks.

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2021, 12:11:30 pm »

I hope y’all make a quick recovery buddy. Me and my wife had it and it was like a mild head cold for 2 days and was gone. Another friend of mine has been down for almost a month and lost 30lbs and got to where he could barely talk. He’s starting to make a turnaround now.

Those dogs sure are looking good. It sounds like Hambone is becoming a successful reproducer.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 04:33:15 am »

Well we finally all tested negative it was a sure enough rough couple of weeks.I almost lost my wife she was totally incapacitated for 5 days.She couldn't hold anything down even liquids.She got so week she couldn't speak her blood oxygen level got really low and she had a continuous fever she was dieing.She got the regeneron shots the day after testing positive and it was a steady decline after that.She refused to go to the hospital and I agreed because I knew that if she was intubated she wasn't going to make it.They completely separate you from your family and without me telling her to try to fight she was ready to give up.I called my Dr and got a prescription for ivermectin but not one pharmacy would fill it they would tell me they had it in stock but when I would get there they would say they aren't filling ivormectin prescriptions for covid every single one.So I used the 1% ivormectin injectible we use for the dogs.I was really sick too my uncle had told me it cured him and his brother and about 20 other people he knows he sent me a dosage chart.Its exactly the same as a dog 1ml per 100lbs mix with water and drink once a day for five days.I took mine and gave her a dose at 7 pm she was barely conscious and by the next morning she was out of bed drinking coffee and eating breakfast.Her fever was totally gone and her blood oxygen level went from 90% to 97% overnight.She was 1000× better after the first dose we continued to take it for 5 days and are totally better now.Aint a doubt in my mind it saved her life.She's 40 yrs old 125lbs and a athlete who runs 4-5miles a day and trains for and has run marathons.Eats healthy and doesn't drink.Yall be careful of this number 2 I ain't no Dr but I know what death looks like and that's what I saw and that ivormectin worked.We were also taking zinc, vitamin c, vitamin d, elderberry, echinatia and a couple other vitamin's.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2021, 06:09:06 am »

Cracker, So glad y'all came thru. Cant imagine the situation you were in.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2021, 06:55:08 am »

Dang man.   I sure hate y’all had a bad run with this crap.   I know first hand how rough it is and it burns me up that the government is doin what it’s doin.   So glad your wife pulled thru man. Cause it’ll take ur life listening to these quacks that tell u differently.    The gov could save a lot of people by telling the truth but they won’t do it.    We’ll be praying for y’all man.  Y’all take care.   

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
cajunl
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2021, 06:56:09 am »

Glad yall are feeling better. This go around is a tough bug.

That is crazy. You got screwed. My wife works at Fish Hospital. They write scripts for for it for patients and fill it daily. The scripts should not have a diognosis code, that violates Hippa.

Water under the bridge....Glad yall are past it.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2021, 07:19:04 am »

I appreciate it y'all Cajunl the reason why they knew was the quantity I believe and they decided not to fill it BS either way.

Teaspoon
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2021, 07:46:43 am »

I'll second that.....My wife is one of those go-getters, only in bed to sleep. She started feeling bad and wouldn't get out of bed. Wasn't talking (and that woman loves to talk). Hanging on to every piece of furniture to go to the bathroom about 10' away. On the end of day 2, I told her to her to take the Ivermectin. By the next evening (about 24 hours), she was walking into the living room and talking with everyone. She wasn't 100%, but she said she felt way better. She took a dose per day for the next 2 days and then stop taking it. Then on day 9, she got slammed worst than the before. So she started back on the Ivermectin and pulled out after that.

The rest of the family started on the ivermec before showing symptoms.  We have 10 kids at home ranging from 22 - 4. Everyone but me and the 4 year old got sick. The older kids (22 - 12) were down about 2 days (but not like my wife) and the younger kids (10 - 6) didn't feel good for about 12 hours. The kids started showing symptoms about 5-7 days after my wife did...my kids were not consistent with their daily dose until they got sick. I think there is something to taking that daily dose when your sick that helps a person get over it.....and that might have prevented me from getting it......but I'm not a doctor and media says that we are fools for taking horse wormer.....

The Louisiana Department of Health is ordering pharmacies not to fill those prescriptions unless there is a confirmed diagnosis of parasites.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2021, 06:23:21 pm »

Man I’m glad for y’all cracker! Her pulling through is one plus. The other plus is since you saved her, she owes you big time. Lots of kennel cleaning and feeding in her future lol.

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2021, 09:57:04 pm »

Glad to hear everybody is doing ok now

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 04:21:54 am »

Haha T-dog I still ain't got snowballs chance in hell for that.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: