April 24, 2024, 05:17:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One less track star  (Read 705 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2021, 01:59:23 pm »

So me and the nephew loaded up about 10 this morning to make a round. We were going to go early this morning but this disease was putting it on me pretty tough yesterday. I texted him about 330am and told him we weren’t going. About 9 this morning I decided I felt good enough to go so we loaded up. He just got a pair of our dogs back from a buddy that got them at weaning age, they are about 4 1/2 now. He hadn’t hunted them in a long while, a year or more maybe. They are littermates to my Uno and Tex’s mother Reba. They are definitely soft but when we cut the two of them out with Ava and Sam, they were kicking dirt in our face. It wasn’t 5-10 minutes and they were bayed. It broke and made it about 150 yards. We were on the wrong side of the bay with the wind direction and he left about the time we sent Loki. This time he pulled out. He hit the creek and went  nearly a mile south tapping some briar thickets on the creek as he went. They got to him and he turned and came right back. I told Dillian that he was fixing to try and go north of us. We were sitting under a shade tree when Ava located about 400 yards south of us. He broke again and that was his mistake. He was tired. He hit the open field with his mouth gaping and stepping on his tongue. He was trying to cut the corner where the creek bends. We cranked the buggy and got between him and the wood line. I sent Loki to him and sealed the deal. Not fare I know but hey, what is? The dogs did good for the shape and time off they’ve had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 02:02:33 pm »

I’ll take em anyway I can get em off the count too man.  Them educated runners put some dogs to school but I see y’all’s graduated already.  Good run.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 03:22:27 pm »

You gotta quit post pics of hogs with a 280# guy. It makes look small!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 03:56:34 pm »

Pffff he wishes 280

Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 04:21:13 pm »

Gotta make you proud of your breeding program to have those 2 put in work like that comin off a layoff.
-
Nice sticky pack of bay dogs with a good solid catch dog. Don’t get much better man. Good job!

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2021, 04:31:28 pm »

Saddleback male dog looks nice. I seem to recall you breeding some Lipper blood into your dogs way back. He has a nice houndy look to him. You got them down to 1/4 or an 1/8th now I believe.
-
Are they open on track or on a break? And for the record, you’ll never hear me criticize an open dog. I’ve seen some good ones. Not being critical or negative at all. Just curious.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2021, 04:36:13 pm »

Well if you ain’t gone run them dogs t dog send em on down here I’ll leg em up for ya
They look real nice man

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2021, 04:48:19 pm »

Nah I don’t take offense to the question bud. I’m like you, I’ve seen them good both ways as well and like always say, good is relevant to the person paying for the feed. They are down to about that 1/4-1/8 depending on which cross they are out of. One or two of my dogs will yip on a break until they can’t see it. Usually not over 100 yards. Outside of that they are silent. Today they tipped some after the first break but not a peep on the second one. It just depends on how much jump it gets on them. The first bay they could see him and were trying to get up to him to stop him or that’s my thinking anyway. Other times I’ve actually seen this scenario that’s what was happening. That high tan male is an all day dog when he’s in shape. The gyp is an all day every day dog when she’s in shape. Lol he was in last place when they came across the field this morning. He was getting low on giddy up. All that fast and furious action right out of the gate was a definite change of pace. We were sitting on the buggy laughing about watching the garmin. Dillian said I feel his pain. He said I can tell you from experience he’s thinking shhhhhew, y’all go ahead, I’ll be along in a minute. Lol it was pretty funny.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2021, 04:57:07 pm »

Muddy, my nephew is going to hunt them. You probably wouldn’t feed these pot lickers long. I’m glad to have them back on the ground. Our buddy done well by them but we all know how life happens.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2021, 05:14:49 pm »

Sounds like really good work. There is a lot of satisfaction in shutting a runner down. To me anyway and I am sure to you also. Good looking dogs.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2021, 07:28:46 pm »

Good hunt good looking dogs

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2021, 04:27:46 pm »

hows that white cd bred, AB or Dogo?
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2021, 08:08:32 pm »

Honestly I don’t know his ancestry. I was just told he’s AB. I can tell you he has a head full of brains and a super personality.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2021, 02:13:41 am »

Good hog I like the white dog

make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2021, 12:38:02 pm »

That AB is built right, good leg and deep chest