April 20, 2024, 04:03:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh happy day!  (Read 515 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2021, 06:14:15 pm »

Dillian, Amber, and myself made a run this morning. Started of slow but finally got going good on the third cast. I’ve had my Raylynn gyp put up for a few months because she had a few seizures. The Vet said it was epilepsy caused from a head injury most likely, as there is nothing genetically in her ancestry. I’ve seen her seize at home and I even videoed her having one while she was bayed. Last time I hunted her she had two in less than 150 yards from the buggy when first cast. Her first hunt back after a litter of pups, she looked like her old self. She hunted hard and all the other dogs went to her baying a good boar hog. We had a time catching him though as the catch dog we had was counterfeit. She got roughed up trying to help him and cut in the flank pretty good. I’d bet money she took a head shot too because after that hunt is when the seizures started. I took her today for the first time in months and she did really good. If she had a seizure I couldn’t tell you when it was. She was on the hog start to finish. I know for sure they were bayed for over 2 hours. Her, Zeke ( the male dog we just got back), and Harvey (one of Amber’s dogs) had him bayed in the open about mid ways between a set of woods and a big tank (pond). We drove up on the opposite side of the tank from them and the hog broke back to the woods. They bayed him 175 yards in and then he tried to leave again. This time he was headed for the creek but he was too tired and Loki was too fresh and sucked him and his ear up. He wasn’t a beast, 160ish but well earned. I was and still am extremely happy about Raylynn. Hopefully those seizures are a thing of the past.

him and his ear up. He wasn’t a beast, just 160ish but well earned. I was and still am extremely happy about Raylynn. I’m hoping she’s healed and over those seizures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 06:21:03 pm »

Good deal t dog
Hope all goes well with your ol dog

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 06:21:54 pm »

Btw must be nice making a round on a Tuesday morning lol

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 06:33:42 pm »

If y'all still have some of this cool front, you really had a nice day to hunt. Sounds like the old dog didnt miss a lick. Good hunt.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 06:43:38 pm »

It was a real nice day for sure. Muddy I think I should be a law that people have to hog hunt every day before work or anything else,lol.

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 06:54:44 pm »

Good deal on Raylynn and I agree with hunt before work bill.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 06:56:49 pm »

Good boar hog man and we’ll deserved.

I’ve got a  5 yr old gyp man that has had seizures for the last 3 yrs.  But it took me a while to figure it out and it always happens when she has went out of heat or  right before coming in.    I had tried everything to find out why and finally did.  These plotts don’t come in every 6 months like cur dogs so it was hard to pattern. 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 08:00:13 pm »

That’s weird! So I assume that a hormone issue is the main contributor to her seizures? If so is there anything you can do to balance it out?

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2021, 12:47:59 pm »

I’m not sure man.  Never looked into it from a vet perspective.  Maybe they would know a certain medicine would balance it out.   

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2021, 01:14:54 pm »

T-Dog, sounds like a real nice hunt! Glad to hear the old girl is doing better

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: