March 29, 2024, 08:18:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stags xs, airdales, dogos  (Read 1840 times)
Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2021, 01:51:08 am »

Shotgun. I'd be happy with that and jsh with the gqurdian vest that's like their biggest baddest vest right?

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2021, 05:19:53 am »

As far as the vest goes, I think you can option up to Kevlar plates, etc....

I just use the plain guardian vest and it works fine.  I think Leon uses the devastator which might be a better option as they are built lighter weight which would help with heat buildup.

T-Dog, I can’t answer your question cause I don’t know.  I started these dogs with a big, red coyote kill dog off of the Waggoner ranch up by Seymour Texas.  That’s the only pure stag I have used.  I always keep a big red and white male out of a litter for myself.  I’d like to breed him to a pure stag female, just don’t have access to one at the moment. I have access to a male, but thought if I could get a little more size on the dam’s side it would put a little more size on them.  That should make them a 5/8 3/8 cross - heavier on the stag side.

Hell who knows.......I don’t - I’m no breeder.  I just try and use common sense and have fun with these dogs.
maverick10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2021, 10:46:58 am »

These are my pups that I finally starting taking to the woods and so far the brown one is game the brindle a lil weary still but will catch still teaching what a bay is these pups come from Alabama made a call a few days ago and found out the daddy is game pit from jitterbug kennels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HARD WORK PAYS OFF!!!! REMEBER IT!!!!
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2021, 06:52:46 pm »

Those two look like they could run a hole in the wind. They tell me the stags have a tendency to mature slower so I bet the brindle comes around too.

maverick10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2021, 09:20:30 pm »

That’s 100% to my ol hunting has told me that About 1000 times but when they click they click

maverick10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2021, 02:05:21 am »

That’s 100% true my ol hunting has told me that About 1000 times but when they click they click

Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2021, 09:09:36 pm »

Maverick that tan dog looks beast.

Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2021, 02:57:17 pm »

The guy i know that has these staggs also says they mature very slow. He said in the beginning he knows for a fact he ruined alot of good ones by starting them early. And boy them jitterbug kennel dogs arse machine's. Ive look alot at them. That one cross you have look intense for sure. Good looking dogs.
Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2021, 06:31:24 pm »

Yeah I've heard that too. My dogo pup is a year now and I've just let him see a hog when he was about 9 months. I seen that he wanted it and had the want too and I put him up. Now it's just whenever I can get the time. I think there's a huge difference between him even two or three months ago I'm glad I waited.  Those jitterbug dogs though haha I don't think you'd have to worry about starting one too early I think they're pretty proven I've had my eye on them for a long time always seen something I liked.

maverick10
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2021, 11:53:28 pm »

Thank y’all man I freaked out when I found out that there daddy was out from jitterbug but I’m also thinking of getting me a pair from jitterbug time to save money..

USA1stNate
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2022, 06:22:09 pm »

I’ve got 1/2 stag 1/2 AB and 1/4 stag 3/4 Bulldog that do the job just fine. Been using these type dogs for 9 years now for catching.

If you’re running them on the ground you need to watch them in the heat. If you’re dropping them on sight you’ll be fine if you use common sense and rotate them out if they’re in long races.

If you are only running them in a cut collar you are going to go through a lot of dogs. A lot of times I will vest one side of the box and leave the other side with just a tracking collar and drop accordingly. Mine are nowhere near wolfhound size - my males are 80-90 and females around 75.

You got some really nice functional dogs. Show breeders help ruin the dogs function. It takes real hog doggers to fix the problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: