April 19, 2024, 02:50:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost a good one…RIP Ruger  (Read 461 times)
GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2021, 07:38:50 am »

This past weekend I had to bury my 5 1/2 ur old healthy cd Ruger. When my son went to feed and water that afternoon he was just fine standing at the gate ready to be fed. While making his round checking water buckets he heard Ruger make a weird cough and went to check on him to ding he had just started coughing up blood. He ran to the house to get me and by the time we got back to the kennels his floor was covered on blood!! I got him out and opened his mouth trying to see what may be happening but couldn’t see anything. Tried calling my brother which is dating our local vet but couldn’t get in touch with them. You could tell he started having trouble breathing so I just put him back in his kennel and went back to the house to try and look up what might be going on. Once we returned to the kennels he had died. It was a tough pill to swallow!!! He’s one of the best I’ve owned. He was a solid 55# rednose male that loved my kids and hated a hog!!! The next morning we cleaned out his kennel and noticed he’d started chewing his feed bowl that hung on the fence and apparently a sharp piece had broken off and more than likely cut him internally. Guys if y’all use the same ones from Tractor Supply keep a close eye on em…..I’d hate to see someone go through this like we did.

Lake Haven Kennels
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 08:02:22 am »

Dang bud I hate to hear that. I’ve learned that dogs are like people in the sense that we just don’t know when our time is up. I had an Australian Shepard when I was a kid. He was one year old, looked healthy, and acted great. My dad and I were standing there one day and he was running the fence playing with a dog on the other side. He yelped one time and hit the ground dead. I hope you and the boy kill 100 hogs for every day you had the pleasure of having him. You will likely think of him every time you do for a long time. Just appreciate the time you did have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 10:28:24 am »

Hate to hear that Gooden. It's always going to be one of the good ones.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 09:45:33 am »

Dang Jay,,, I sure hate to hear that man...  He still had some good yrs left for yall to enjoy..  Dont know why the weirdest things happen to the good ones.. 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 05:50:32 pm »

Sure hate to hear that

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

GOODEN
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2021, 08:05:14 am »

Thanks guys. We have a male outta Ruger’s full brother that will hopefully step up to the plate once he’s old enough. If he’ll catch as good as he looks he’ll do just fine. Lol!!

Lake Haven Kennels
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2021, 01:59:03 pm »

I hate to hear that buddy, that’s a tough loss for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2021, 09:08:25 pm »

Man I hate to hear that. I've never heard of that happening either

Sent from my SM-A125U using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: