March 28, 2024, 05:26:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFR 2021 Las Vegas  (Read 402 times)
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2021, 04:00:16 pm »

Just curious was any of you Cowboys there?
I ain’t no cowboy but love a good rodeo and was there for bout 5 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2021, 07:17:15 pm »

I saw you sittin up there. I was waving at while I was ridin a bull! Then I was waving at you from the rafters where he left me. Can’t believe you didn’t see me. Now I feel foolish for waving like I did.

Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 06:24:55 am »

T dog I was the one with the paint on my face running around clowning lol
Can’t believe none y’all Texas fellers weren’t ther
Guess it needed dogs involved

Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 06:37:22 am »

I didn’t make it to Vegas this year but I went last year when they held it at Globe Life Park in Arlington. They go all out & put on a hell of a show. It was a good time but it put a hurt on the wallet!
-
I really enjoy the timed events. Bulldoggin is my favorite to watch. Amazing to watch those fellas lean off those big, fast horses and dig their heels in and flip those steers. Calf Ropin & Team Ropin are super skilled Cowboys with great horses. Barrel Racing & Rough Stock Events are top shelf, first class stock, Cowgirls, & Cowboys.
-
If you have never been, try to make it to a ranch rodeo. Usually 4 man teams of True  working Cowboys sponsored by a working ranch. They do wild cow milkin, team sorting, branding, penning & sometimes loading on a trailer. All events are timed and test the skills needed to work on a ranch. Not as pretty as a “normal rodeo” but it’s real cow puncher stuff.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 11:15:58 am »

Now I really feel foolish….I was waving like crazy at the wrong fellar!

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2021, 11:43:53 am »

Shotgun you’re right about all of that. It’s all fun, interesting, and real, but there are soooo many life related lessons to be taken away from the rodeos. There were a lot of good cowboys and cow girls there this year. It’s hard to have a favorite but Stetson Wright won some fans in our household, especially my 11yr old. He got to see what try and never giving up gets you and him voicing it let me know he understood and appreciated it. It’s something he can relate to in his baseball and the sports he will start playing this next year for the school. He got to see guys have bad luck or not perform up to par one round only to comeback the next night and do good, not quitting because of adversity. All sports teach life lessons but you have to be able to reference those lessons in everyday life. Rodeo and rodeo type events represent a way of life that is very closely related to all of us in our hog dogging life style. It makes me the proudest to see them give tribute to our veterans, our first responders like the police, firefighters, and EMT’s but especially proud that they aren’t afraid or ashamed to thank God publicly and out loud. Country folk are the salt of the earth!!!!

WayOutWest
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2021, 12:12:47 pm »

My sister and her husband ranch up in N. Dakota and had a friend who went on the weekends and gave them the tickets Monday through Thursday for years. They are friends with most of the Wright family. Pretty close knit salt of the earth family. Watching JB Mauney this year was painful to see but his gameness and determination was incredible.
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2021, 12:29:47 pm »

I respect the lifestyle for sure !
We farmers and swampers around my parts.
I have been fortunate enough to hunt on several ranches in different states and have always loved how things get done!
Shotgun I left my wallet out there cause there weren’t nothing in it to bring home lol
On a side note the scenery was second to none !!! Lol

I’ve seen the day in and day out cowboying and branding and all and loved it
We have had some small type rodeos here and I’ve tussled alil with some just for fun not cause I had to-

One story I always will remember ol ranch hand told me one time in little ol town in Nebraska- he said one weekend a year everyone here comes together and put all differences aside if any are there and we help each other do all the branding until everyone is done - that’s living it there for sure and holds my respect

ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 03:20:21 pm »

We went December 9th. I’ll sure be going back!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: