April 16, 2024, 10:28:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dog Yard  (Read 1309 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2022, 05:25:30 am »

Just getting moved up to GA and setting up my dog yard.I  bought these houses from Z-lock in Kentucky and I couldn't be happier they're 32x36 built with 2" insulated aluminum cooler panels with hinged roofs.You can't build them for the price he sells them.I'm gonna plant each dog a live oak for shade next and build a few kennels for injured dogs, bitches in heat and brood houses.Still have to run water as well but I'm pretty happy with it so far.I also drove 1/2 a t-post and attached water bucket to them since pics it should look nice when live oaks are planted.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 06:28:03 am »

Nice set up Cracker. Those dog houses are dam nice. Good lookin cur dogs on the end of those chains too. I like a solid red cur dog with some ear but that black & tan dog sure looks nice! Ol Dozer has matured into a fine lookin bulldog too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 07:37:05 am »

That bulldog is a really fine animal Cracker. The cur dogs are too but good made bulldogs kinda catch ya off guard these days.

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 10:18:03 am »

Good looking yard and dogs Cracker. Do the roofs open up on those houses? Also how did you secure your chains? Me and my wife have been talking about re-doing our chain setups to relocate them for our future yard plans, I really like how yours looks. Nice and clean looking.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 12:50:33 pm »

Very nice set up!

An old dog mans yard ive seen has houses like that but with bigger roofs so that it delivers shade.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 01:29:43 pm »

Downright fancy houses for some good looking dogs. Doing things first class for sure.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 02:42:21 pm »

I tried to look up z-lock to price a dog house, can you post their contact info. I had no success
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2022, 07:24:35 pm »

Z-Lock Insulated dog houses (270)283-1073

I appreciate it yall I'm pretty excited to watch some trees and dogs grow down there.
Assteus Yes the roofs are hinged and  lift up they have lock on the side you just put a pin through I cut a tpost in two and drill a  3/8" hole in one end and attach a quick link then a swivel and drive it until the tpost is underground ol Peel posted that set up one time works really good.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2022, 07:25:06 pm »

Real nice setup. That is a good looking bulldog. what does he weigh? If you really want some fast growing shade trees, you might think of planting sycamores. I know that Ga. sun is as brutal as the Fla. sun. Live oaks are sure prettier but really grow slow.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2022, 08:22:25 pm »

Thanks Cajun, Dozer is probably 60-65lbs right now if I had to guess.I  planted 2 live oaks and a sycamore tree in my yard in FL 12yrs ago the sycamore obviously grew much taller in that time frame 50-60' with a diameter of 20-22" my 2 live oaks had almost identical diameters 20-22" but were only about 25-30' in height the drip lines were  pretty close in circumference too Live Oaks grow surprisingly fast but then slow down once mature and continue to slowly grow for the next couple hundred years. I like how a sycamore looks but I ain't never raking or blowing my yard up after one ever again lol

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2022, 07:59:31 pm »

Looking good cracker

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2022, 12:35:47 pm »

Everything looks real good
I know the dogs like it

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Rough curs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2022, 10:56:01 pm »

Looks real good. Like the open space.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 12:49:35 pm »

I like that idea with the T-posts. My current setups are made with a 1” diameter steel rod that has threads on the ends with big turnbuckles. I believe they were designed for pulling big steel cables together, we had them laying around the yard at work from some old project. I cut them in to a 6’ long piece and keep the turnbuckle on the top end, and then drive it down in the ground through a big ring that is attached to the chain. I’m not a fan of how they stick up 2ft or so out of the ground though, makes it easier for the dogs to get wrapped up occasionally and just doesn’t look as good. I like those houses a lot too… I may try to pick some of those up in the future.

Austesus
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2022, 12:55:58 pm »

Oh I meant to add in that post, you may want to look at something other than live oaks for shade. I’ve got two in my backyard right behind the house and once they get big they drop branches fairly often, some of them with some pretty hefty size and weight. I would be a little worried about branches dropping on a dog during a storm.

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2022, 08:02:34 pm »

10/4 Thanks for the advice on the live oaks but I've been a tree man for 25 yrs and own a tree service lol

jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2022, 06:00:10 am »

Nice clean setup. Sure helps us dog guys out when people see hunting dogs being kept in fine conditions. Wish we could chain our dogs here in Texas, but that’s already been taken away.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2022, 07:16:34 am »

Not to high jack the thread jsh, but it’s gonna get a lot worse for us at a much more rapid pace if all all these people don’t quit posting all these gorie pics of injured or dead dogs and even hogs that are all chewed up on all these different social media sites. It’s just dumb! Even sending pics to buddies that send them to someone else that sends them to someone else. Anything post or shared should be a positive not something that can be used against hog hunting or dog hunting period.

jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2022, 08:07:10 am »

I get sick to my stomach daily seeing the  BS posted on the internet. Not just the hog hunters, but the coyote guys as well. Chewing on something is not “training”.  It’s all about ego if you ask me.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2022, 03:50:55 pm »

Exactly

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: