April 23, 2024, 01:50:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A COUPLE OF HUNTS  (Read 607 times)
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2022, 04:21:54 pm »

HILL COUNTRY HUNTS
 Made a run down in the Hill Country and hunted with Johnny Warden and Jessie Paul, we caught some hogs, "none of those monsters" and went cat hunting and treed a cat. All  in all had a real good time and want to thank those two fellows for their hospitality.

HERE AT HOME
Went hunting here at home today and caught a young boar 104-150 lbs had some fun with young dogs.

Didn't take any pictures , they were just hogs not anything special and partly just negligent, I am bad to be busy and just not take pictures.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2022, 04:32:57 pm »

Man I keep telling my son that too.  He’s like I was when I was his age.  He don’t take time for pics. Lol.  The older I get the more I want to take my time after each hog instead of runnin and gunnin.  Glad y’all had a good round with the pups.   I got two on my hands right now and it’ll keep u scratchin your head on how to use em and who to pair em with.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2022, 05:37:17 pm »

Im so bad at taking pics as well, plus I dont like brining my phone to the woods but I hunt with these youngsters that I got trained to do the heavy lifting and I think the phone is an extension of there hand lol

Did you tree a cougar or bobcat? Did you shoot it?
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2022, 08:12:18 pm »

Sounds like you had a good time both places. I’ve heard a ton of good about Jessie Paul and his dogs. I hear his cat dogs are top notch.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 09:36:13 pm »

Sounds like a couple of good hunts. Did you turn any Plotts loose in the cat race?

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2022, 08:06:06 am »

It was a Bobcat, I didn't shoot it.      I was very tempted to take my youngest two on the cat hunt just to see what they'd do but I didn't.    They are not your "typical Running Dogs" they'll grub a track, handle extremely well and are good tree dogs. Conditions weren't good so I didn't get to see them at their best but sometimes you can actually tell the most about dogs when conditions are worst, you know what I mean?  They are kind of a "sub-specie" of the Coyote bred Runing Dogs, Walker, Trigg, and July. South Texas Cat blood.
LionandBoarHunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2022, 08:10:37 am »

Clue it was nice to finally meet you . I went back down to that ranch couple nights after u left and had a good hunt with out the wind blowing 20 to 30 mph ! To real good races second cat knocked out 5 times !
Listen to race it was was about 45 minutes of that had him settled down in a good thicket!!
https://vimeo.com/684237512

They Call It The Hill Country I Call It Home !
The more people I'm around the more I like my dogs !!
ROOT HOG OR DIE
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2022, 08:21:12 am »

That sounded good "one long bark start to finish". That was what the last hog race sounded like here last night but there were less dogs haha, and they didn't run 45 minutes they just went through 3 sections. 
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2022, 12:50:22 pm »

That sounded good. There were for sure a bunch of distinctive mouths in there.

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2022, 08:13:37 pm »

Sounds like good time them hounds sure sound good

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: