March 29, 2024, 06:56:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WENT AGAIN LAST NIGHT  (Read 446 times)
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2022, 08:08:28 am »

Adam called about 8:00 last night and asked if I wanted to go, a fellow we know had called him and while he was feeding cows and tagging a new calf he'd seen a group of sows, he had shot in them with a pistol and ran them off, I said sure, so we got gathered up and went down there. Those hogs had put a foot down in every square foot of half that section just wandering around feeding, the dogs worked a long time before getting to the point where they had left. We had originally struck near one edge of the section and they bayed near the road across the section, while we were walking to the truck they moved across the road into another section and bayed again, I heard a hog squeal then they moved, this went on over and over until we drove  out there to see what was going and were close enough to hear better, this was a group of 80-100 lb hogs "I could hear them grunting but they did not ever make a typical rally" and when the dogs would grab one the others would whip them off I sent Ol'Grip from about 150 yds and they caught one. Sent them on and they seemed to get a single hog lined out that could run, we had a really good never a bobble race through 3 sections "HIGHLIGHT OF THE HUNT FOR ME HAHA" and finally the hog went in two bunches of cows with baby calves they were bawling and chasing the dogs and that broke up or bogged down the race enough we called them out
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2022, 08:41:32 pm »

Sounds like a good time

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 05:45:14 am »

Sounds like a good hunt. Man it makes me nervous when they get in amongst cattle. You never know what might come of that lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2022, 08:09:33 am »

It would have concerned me too in some places but where we were there was no danger. Well acquainted with owner, and he wouldn't think the dogs were on the cows.
Muddy-N-Bloody
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2022, 08:25:14 pm »

Sounds like dogs did good old man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank God for Mama and Daddy and for the whoopings I got that I needed
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2022, 09:00:24 pm »

Y'all been getting out a good bit. Dogs are doing good.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: