March 28, 2024, 06:33:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3/26/22 n 3/27/22 hunt  (Read 621 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2022, 06:36:44 pm »

We didn’t set any records but Larry Smith, Mike the Knife and I had a good time with great weather. We got there Fri. Evening and Larry’s lease is only 20 minutes from Uncle Earls so we went over there and visited a few friends. Caught two boars n a Barr Sat. And made Barr’s out of the two boars. All 120-150 #. We were done by noon as it was getting warm so we ran back over to Uncle Earls. Had a couple of members from Larry’ club that had never seen a baying so they had a good time. Met a few people and saw some friends.
  Sunday we caught a sow and one of the club members wanted to butcher her.
  Didn’t get to work the young dogs much because Saturday we just had bayups. Those hogs didn’t know they were supposed to run with open dogs on them. Sunday that sow ran like a scalded ape for two hours before she bayed.
F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 06:52:28 pm »

Lol. That sow must’ve been from my lease right down the road from y’all mike.    Good haul and thanks for saving a couple for us in north la. Cause we need all we can get up there.   

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 07:36:54 pm »

Looks like good hunts

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 08:41:27 pm »

That sounds like a great weekend Cajun.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 09:55:14 pm »

The hogs probably spread the word overnight that those noisy Plotts were coming again and we better run. The hunting and visits at the baying combined had to be a real good time, glad you guys had a good weekend.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 10:49:20 pm »

The hogs were probably just enjoying listening to those beautiful voices and didn’t realize the song they were singing was about them! Sounds like y’all had a good time and a good hunt.

jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 05:08:12 am »

Nice run.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 06:31:42 am »

Lol. That sow must’ve been from my lease right down the road from y’all mike.    Good haul and thanks for saving a couple for us in north la. Cause we need all we can get up there.   

Toby,  I really noticed a lack of hog sign up here this past weekend also. Normally when the river is up like it was there are a lot of hogs up in the hills.  I am sure we have run some your way also. lol We are very limited on this club. The lease is only 1500 acres abd we have about 900 acres more we have access too. If the dogs cross the river or the highway we have to tone them back. On the way to Winnfield I noticed all the logging they have done. They have really thinned the woods out.

Thanks everyone, it was a enjoyable weekend.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 06:06:08 pm »

Allot of tusk for the size of that 1st hog
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2022, 06:37:52 am »

We thought so too. He might have weighed 120# soaking wet and he was the smallest one we caught but he had two Plotts that he had backed off in a briar patch.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2022, 12:19:21 pm »

We thought so too. He might have weighed 120# soaking wet and he was the smallest one we caught but he had two Plotts that he had backed off in a briar patch.

Ive always wondered if it was from the different terrains diet, 10 yrs + ago I hunted allot in Greenville off 380, caught a bunch of big hogs rarely had tusks, then in Corsicana off hwy 45 and everything had ivory...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: