March 28, 2024, 04:42:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Catch Dog Genetics  (Read 1348 times)
Myles Man
Strike Dog

100 MPH in the right direction

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2022, 08:37:38 pm »

Hi y’all. I figured I’d take time a figure out this phone, and utilize it while I can. Made a video to show the progress of our APBT program we have built. It’s been fun over the years learning the breed and keeping our style of catch dogs producing. I made this video out of several videos, Huncho being the focus since his brain and handle is due to my 16 year old son Eliah owning him. I like Lola being a wild child, Huncho proves how smart this breed really is, and how my son has payed attention over the years. Just some fun video clips of what it looks like to have a plan and stick to it. Working on our 6th generation litter now since Lola is in heat, we are excited about the future for sure. Enjoy the playtime, and Piggie Smalls has never been used to train catch dogs, and Huncho has never been used as a catch dog. 

https://youtu.be/hMRyWq4iRbY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 08:47:02 pm »

http://apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=700509

Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 10:28:49 pm »

That hog is worrisome lol

Myles Man
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2022, 08:23:26 am »

No kiddin! They have been separated for about 2 months, we  took Huncho to see Piggie Smalls and  & they live in 2 different worlds, I’m glad Huncho keeps his focus on what matters most, not just a drive that will dominate anything moving, he mostly just wants his ball to play all day - he has his priorities in order for sure - now that he’s maturing he has to be watched closer around a lot of action, he won’t back down and he won’t loose
Knowing there were 20 kids Easter egg hunting, he just wanted to be included, I love the fact that we have never had aggression issues at all, I’ve heard of one cull due to human aggression out of about 30 pups over 4 years (that was from a Stone x Stormy accidental breeding , Daddy x Daughter) Not my breeding - so inbreeding can get sketchy for several reasons, gotta have honest feedback because it’s serious in so many ways placing pups in the right hands.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2022, 05:51:26 pm »

Puppy placement is super important but I never rely on feedback. There are a VERY limited number of people that I take the word of when it comes to what they see when evaluating dogs. Not that I’m a guru or dog god, but I know what my standards are those are the standards my breeding is based on. If 10 people watch the same performance, you’re likely going to get 7-8 different opinions or reviews. So I have learned to listen to their reviews and then evaluate for myself. That pup that was people aggressive would make me wonder if it was a genetic thing or an issue that was created being that you haven’t had any issues. Both are possibilities and though. Animals differ in personality as much as people do. If it was created, it’s likely they know they created it and it’s likely they will never admit to it. Maybe you know for fact that it wasn’t created, that would be good in a lot ways because that eliminates having to wonder what the issue was. Ole Huncho looks like he’s a pretty stable dude.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: