April 20, 2024, 06:01:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Smart things you’ve seen hogs do?  (Read 566 times)
williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2022, 04:58:21 pm »

We were hunting a river bottom a old buddy had and the dogs, train (littermate to my crank dog) and bill (dog off crank) jumped a boar hog and got it bayed before we got there it broke and went about 2 miles as a crow flies bayed again so we headed there broke again dogs started running there same track went back down in the river bottom within 50 yards of where they bayed originally showed treed again about 10 minutes later they started back up the same track again went back to the same spot 2 miles away everyone we were hunting with started saying they lost the hog and  wanted to leave so we brought them back to their truck
meanwhile dogs had done went back to the river bottom so james (owns train) guy that owned the place and myself headed to a old cutoff rd about halfway down this track they’ve ran back and forth 3-4 times already to cut them off sitting there waiting on the dogs about 120 yards from the rd out pops the 200+ black boar hog they’d been chasing the whole time running his same track over and over never altered his pattern till he saw us and bolted

Train shut him down about 900 yards later in a creek but I’d never seen a hog just run back and forth same track that many times trying to loose a dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you cant be smart quote smart people

the more i learn about people the more i love my dog - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: