April 25, 2024, 12:21:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I gave a HogDogging Q & A for kids  (Read 403 times)
HuntingHeritage
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2022, 08:35:38 pm »

Met a teacher while roading my catchdog with my bicycle and was privileged enough to be asked to give a talk to kids in summer camp about hunting dogs and hog dogs in particular.
After passing a brief screening process for me and Hoss I put together a little script and brought some things I thought the kids would like to see like a cut vest and boar skull.
I feel privileged to be offered an opportunity to do this and I am considering an attempt to organize something to do more outreach.
 These kids gave me a such a good feeling about the future, it was a great experience for everyone involved including me:
 After my speech and some very thoughtful questions, there wasn’t a single one who thought that hunting hogs with dogs was “cruel” and every single one wanted to interact with Hoss after knowing what he does for a job!
 We are blessed to have “traditional” hunting methods protected by the Texas constitution, but without knowledge of our rights they are easily abused or taken away.
 We have to educate our citizens, young & old, so that we can not only preserve our rights but expand our ability to practice and pursue these traditional means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2022, 08:40:42 pm »

Great job. Education is key for the younger generation and some ignorant  older folks. Good job.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 09:10:18 am »

I second that, outstanding job. We are at a place and time where too many city people watch cartoons and computer generated movies and don’t realize that ducks and rabbits don’t really talk or have the same emotions as humans. Separating fact from fiction is near impossible for them because they never been past the city limit signs of their city. When protesters carry signs that say “ save the cows, buy your meat from H.E.B” you know you’re in trouble. People don’t realize that hunting not only feeds humans, but helps control populations of wild animals to help keep them from starving of over population or disease. I could go on for a while as most of us could I’m sure. Thanks for doing what you did!

Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 09:11:07 pm »

Good job to you and Hoss. A dog with a solid temperament like that is a great ambassador for our sport. Shows people that most aren’t the blood thirsty savages they are made out to be. Maybe you will get lucky and get a hunting partner/apprentice out of the deal. Can’t go wrong doing good things and helping educate kids.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
sreeves
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2022, 09:50:54 am »

Awesome job!

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 01:18:41 pm »

Cudos to you man, that is awesome! It’s a very positive example of what we do and I bet those kids loved it!

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: