April 19, 2024, 07:38:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Stout Boar  (Read 891 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2022, 11:00:25 am »

That’s the style of bulldog I like NLA. Y’all are right about the confidence of young dogs. It’s everything and determines wether or not they are hog dogs or me too dogs. I’ve seen a lot of people get frustrated with young dogs because they weren’t striking very many hogs. I always tell them the same thing. If that  one year old or 16-18 month old dog is finding hogs ahead of your 2 1/2 year old and older dogs, then you need to consider shipping the older dogs. A young dog that hustles is going to strike first every now and then and they may bay their own hogs after a sounder breaks up and all, but if your older dogs are up to snuff, that young dog isn’t supposed to locate first. It’s your job to put that young dog in a position so that they can strike first. Give them the chance to learn something instead a chance to follow the old dogs or go honor a bay. That’s my opinion anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: