March 29, 2024, 06:22:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Short Stout Boar  (Read 831 times)
Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2022, 03:54:28 pm »

Sounds like a nice bulldog NLA. I’ve had good success with some stag/bulldog crosses using the 1 bay dog method. They were first shot accurate if the hog stood. If not, they ran them down on the break a high % of the time. 2 of the 3 I’ve hunted were straight ear dogs that were lock, drop, or die trying even if sounders rallied on them. I’ve also seen some AB’s & Dogos that were big & athletic that could do it consistently. Haven’t gotten the same results with small pits. I really like the Athletic CDs with first shot accuracy.
-
TDog you are 100% correct about giving prospects a chance to shine & grow. Dogs are pack animals by nature. They will settle into “ help dog” mode behind the lead dog. A lot of us have to wait for something bad to happen to our lead dog before we realize the others are capable. I think one has to evolve past being catch crazy in order to be willing to really tune & refine individuals in their line up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: