March 29, 2024, 10:14:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Greyhound/Greybulls  (Read 2486 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2022, 09:30:41 pm »

I’ll have to get a good picture of lizzo. No mistaking she’s a greyhound. She’s been on a handful of hunts last 2 months just Riding on the ranger. She Got to be around us when we killed a few hogs but never saw any action.

Showed her and 2 cur pups of my buddies a show in a trailer last week. They were already caught but she ran in there and after some looking around, found the ear and was catching and staying hooked for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Then Friday morning I go to check a camera on a bait pile for a hunt Saturday morning maybe and sketch and her slip off the truck and go bay one of my Barr hogs. She was baying her ass off lol up until I started shooting. Killed that hog. Shooting kind of threw her for a little loop but it didn’t scare her and she stayed with it.

Saturday morning we dump out on top of hog bedded. We dump lizzo with all the curs. She makes a half mile race and is caught with my buddies grown dogs while sketch rolled over 100 yard across a county road and had another bayed and 2 rough pups went and caught it. I killed first hog, she left and went straight to other hog squealing as they were waiting on me with the knife. Run in there and found her some hide to grab ahold of. She tries to do a little hunting too and use her nose some.

So far I’m really happy with what she’s shown. She’s barley a year old, we’re still new to each other as I’ve only had her for 3-4 months. The idea is for her to be a put out catch dog we can use with my buddys bulldog as help or send her to hogs in the open or even jump her into races on running hogs.

I’m not too worried about her not being straight catch yet being she’s super young and I’ve read these dogs or slow to mature and take lots of confidence building.

I’ll get a picture tomorrow. Any info/advice is appreciated. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: