April 20, 2024, 12:07:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 legged dogs  (Read 798 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2022, 01:24:29 pm »

That’s funny Highwater. Glad you got her back too. Something I started doing with older dogs is putting them with people that can use them before they aren’t useful and have to be retired. In order to keep the necessary stock to further my breeding/hunting program, I have to keep dog ages pretty staggered. If my young dogs are starting to stay ahead of them and I’ve already got what I need breeding wise then I start looking for a place to put them. I see it as they are filling a spot hunting that a young prospect would benefit from. It’s too hard for me to see the excitement in them when they know we are loading up to hunt and they can’t go. That’s heartbreaking to me. I’m limited on space so I can’t afford to run a retirement home and I love respect the old soldiers enough to give them opportunity to keep doing their thing. So far it’s worked out well. I have had the peace of mind to watch some of them live to retirement and get to become just family pets and even house dogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: