April 19, 2024, 07:49:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pups are growing  (Read 628 times)
Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2022, 04:53:19 pm »

Since deer season I’ve been spending a lot of time with my pups. I have all of them but the two kemmer pups barking at hogs to what I’d call decent. But for some reason I feel like they will surpass some of the ones that show a lot of interest in game right now. The black jack blood shows a lot in the gyp she is wired tight. Her brother is calm though.
They use their noses good and aren’t feet warmers. A couple of the cur Julys have gotten a taste for chicken and boy are they fast. Faster than rocks and sticks too lol.
And the two pups out of my old yellow dog ranger are growing like weeds and do great behind the house but man do they love loving like they’re grandma my cd. They will dang near get in your pocket lol if you will let them. I don’t have any decent pics of them. The darker colored gyp has been a star the light colored one kinda plays around a lot but is maturing. And last but not least my older plott pup got ran over almost 2 minutes after he opened up on his first track. I was going to exercise him and it was starting to sprinkle some and idk what it was honestly Grey and furry ran across the road. I think a fox possibly. so I drop him and an older dog and the older dog back tracked it while he was working it in the road.  it started raining by then And I didn’t know the game it was so I tried wrap it up quick and push them onward. I had it in 4 low 2nd gear creeping and I guess he tried to cross the middle of the truck. Thankfully I got balloon tires on a little truck and it broke his leg but it’s healing great.
I’ve been messing with them one by one as much as I can. Commands, leash breaking, truck rides, time behind the house, and since my kemmer gyp hasn’t showed a interest in hogs yet I’ve been trying to get her going on squirrels. One dog that I hate to brag on or even talk about is Pete a cur July that was a first for everything he’s tough. Bay a coon and some hogs by himself. He kinda hangs up in the hot dog finding department but it’s been 100s in everything else. He’s still a pup and the coons and hogs were in a controlled environment.
But I seen it takes a lot of guts or gaminess for a pup to walk up and bay a coon or a hog in a trap by itself without ever seeing one. He helped a lot of his silblings on coon. They are a savage bunch a few ran down a runaway piglet and had it caught.
They all seem to like hogs and chasing. It’s tough like everyone said it’d be to raise so many some times I feel like going crazy especially when they all open up during feeding time lol. But it’s also tough giving them all the same amount of time and doing the same thing over and over with different pups. I started two brothers last year and used my old dog ranger to teach them how to cast couldn’t line them up on a kill ranger died and then I just hunted them by themselves. Thankfully I had good friends that let me tag along on a few because my hound will make them run where I go a lot. A lot of deer races but we were starting to trickle into hogs and alot of fuel and time lol maybe years off my life too lol. But t feeling of achievement when they started clicking or I seen improving was great. The brother I got first he was straight catch if he could and that lead to his death. The one I got left has after deer season and we’re going to see. He’s got to start producing. None of these pics are current but the plott. Going to start them on the islands so I can keep up with them when they’re trashing. Hopefully can just take these and they figure most of it out by themselves with maybe the help of my hound slick.  Honestly don’t even know if I want to get him going around them. He’s not as open as most hounds but I hate giving them the jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2022, 07:21:49 pm »

Man I’m tired just looking at all the work you have there! I hope they turn out for you.

Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2022, 07:42:05 pm »

Yeah remember when I said I’d place some in friends hands they all had pups at the same time too lol.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2022, 11:47:14 pm »

Uhhh weeee!!!

Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 05:48:13 am »

Yup but thankful to have them all feel like I got a big head start

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 03:02:00 pm »

Good looking dogs and as said you have a hand full and good luck with them.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 07:38:41 am »

I didn’t realize you had that many Cheston, you for sure have your hands full! I hope that they make the cut for you, I really like the looks of the pup in the second picture in the cut collar

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Arkansashunter96
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2022, 10:45:11 pm »

I didn’t realize you had that many Cheston, you for sure have your hands full! I hope that they make the cut for you, I really like the looks of the pup in the second picture in the cut collar

Yeah I got about two handfuls. I gave away my plotts to my grandfather in law. But I still got the others

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: