April 16, 2024, 06:22:54 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 not 6 this trip  (Read 408 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2022, 04:28:00 pm »

Made a round this morning with both of my boys and my nephew. The company was hard to beat. We went to one place that thought they had the hogs trapped on their place. They were wrong. They made a new hole and were gone. So we had another 3 land owners that all joined each other about 3-4 miles away that were getting wrecked. We cast the 3 young dogs first and the went about 600 yards east and got bayed. We let the 3 older dogs out and they went about 300 south and got bayed. Their hog(s) broke almost immediately and went straight towards where the young dogs were bayed. In just a couple minutes the old dogs had a sow about 130-40 stretched. The young dogs were still bayed and a few hogs came out of the wood line and were headed way across open pasture. One of them singled out and me and both my boys drove ahead of her and sent Loki to her. We tied and loaded all 320 pounds of her. Got back to the top of the hill where the young dogs and old dogs all stretched another sow about 200 and my nephew stuck her. They relayed and were split bayed about half a mile away. Zeke and Ava were our first stop. They had about a 60# shoat bayed in some real thick briars. We caught it and went to the young dogs and moon. We caught their sow that was backed up in some good stuff. She was about 130-40#. I decided I wanted to let the young dogs try one more spot so we went to the woods across the county road. We cast them and sure enough they jumped some. They didn’t take a bay at all. They immediately left out and the dogs were split at almost a mile real fast. Long story short we got bayed a couple more times but not long enough to get a bull dog there. They finally started getting close to a highway so we caught the dogs and called it a hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 04:31:11 pm »

Ole big girl!

WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 11:28:55 pm »

What a toad, good day with the boys!
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 04:00:32 am »

Can't beat three hunts like that back to back it'll sure nuff turn a young dog on right.Nice work.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 06:13:22 am »

Nice work and more dog food money!
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 01:21:37 pm »

Y’all are on a roll! If hunts like that don’t make those young dogs then nothing will!

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 06:31:12 pm »

Y'all are knocking them out. Great hunts. I need to send a couple of my young dogs over there for you to hunt for me. lol

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 08:19:39 pm »

Lol I haven’t been able to hint this much in deer season in years y’all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: