March 29, 2024, 03:03:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bravecto  (Read 561 times)
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2022, 08:51:48 am »

The ticks in my area seem to be pretty bad this year, despite the cold temps that usually put them away for the winter. So I tried giving Bravecto to my two dogs (jagdterriers), it’s only been a couple days and they seem fine. My question is, have any of you used it, and what are your concerns with side effects. I’m not sure I want to use it on them regularly.
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 06:30:49 am »

No experience with Bravecto.

If it’s an option, keep them on concrete and you’ll never have to use anything.

I hope you find a long term solution for your problem.
TheRednose
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 03:51:15 pm »

I have used bravecto since 2017 and I have not had any issues. I only use it once a year at the beginning of summer and I usually don't have any issues for most of the rest of the year. If I get any outside of that time I would just spot treat though I haven't really had this issue.
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2022, 04:40:07 pm »

Thanks for the responses, I usually just pull ticks when we find them. This year I wanted to give this a try, I'm guessing it works, got back from the mountains the other day, no ticks on the dogs but I collected one. Joker was dug in too, don't ask where it was please.
Lefty LaRue
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2022, 09:52:36 pm »

I started using it the first time this year in the summer due to fleas because of the drought. Extremely pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LionandBoarHunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 12:06:56 am »

Braveto is pretty expensive if u have a bunch of dogs. I use termidor way cheaper , 3cc down the back and it kills the heck out of the ticks !

They Call It The Hill Country I Call It Home !
The more people I'm around the more I like my dogs !!
ROOT HOG OR DIE
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2022, 11:04:26 am »

Guess I should've mentioned, I don't have the tick problem around the house, it's when we go to the field. Since I only have two dogs, the price isn't going to break the bank. I can see for the hunters that have several dogs, the cost would have me looking for another solution.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 07:22:45 am »

I’m not sure if you’re using taptalk or the internet but if you get on the ETHD website on the internet you can click on “general discussion” or “hog dogs” and then you can use the search bar inside of that category. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some talks on bravecto before. If you search it you’ll probably find a bunch of old info posted about it

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 04:27:03 pm »

Braveto is pretty expensive if u have a bunch of dogs. I use termidor way cheaper , 3cc down the back and it kills the heck out of the ticks !

I had to reread how you used the termidor, I might give that a shot on the next go round.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: