April 17, 2024, 11:52:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hog heaven  (Read 447 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2022, 01:48:34 pm »

Been with a new cattle company in schulenburg for a month. Got permission to
Hunt it yesterday. We run lots and lots of yearlings on feed.

I’ve known about it as long as we’ve had dogs, but no one has been allowed to hunt it after some ears came up missing on cattle maybe 10-12 years ago. This is the place everyone wants in around here if you hog hunt. My boss showed me his Facebook messenger, I bet he has 50+ messages of people asking to hunt. From dogs to night vision and traps. Unfathomable amount of hogs. Saw over 200 easy yesterday. 3 different groups of well over 40 hogs and probably 50 of the ones I saw were 180+. Caught 2 sows in first 10 minutes went probably 230 and 260. By them time the smoke cleared and we got dogs caught back. We had 8 confirmed and a pile more packed off double lunged with a .44 (using specials due to  yearlings being spooky, I wasn’t trying to fix fence)

Had a close call with a train as we had to use the train bridge to cross the river. Last hog I had to call sketch off of big sow I had lunged about 300 yards prior, she had her bayed against a yard fence literally in the hood of schulenburg, with a bulldog mutt trying to catch it through then fence and a dude smoking some of that left handed on the porch watching it all happen.

Had to wait for a group of 6-8 hogs to clear a house so I could shoot as sketch and company ran them through some peoples front yard. Like 30 yards off their porch lol. 110% the most insane hunt and country I’ve ever had. Boss man told me today I got sole rights to it now. Might have to make a run at a tourney or 2 with these kind of hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 01:54:27 pm »

First cast. Sketch and gang had em rigged. We were bayed in about 300 yards and 30 seconds https://vimeo.com/780450635

First sow. Probably 230 or so
https://vimeo.com/780451961

Second sow. Even bigger. Maybe 250-260
https://vimeo.com/780452537

While me and Tim were tying those two fat bitches Rhett got to go get number 3 solo. Got a badass go pro video.
 https://vimeo.com/780451086

Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 02:28:16 pm »

I like the looks of those brindle dogs, I’m guessing your messenger is about to blow up with folks wanting to go hunt with you.  Wink
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 04:05:37 pm »

https://vimeo.com/780451961

Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2022, 04:15:04 pm »

Idk why those links won’t work on Tapatalk but they will work if you hold over them and click “open in browser” or if you have the Vimeo app. The one of Rhett solo is pretty cool.

HollowPoint, we are a fan of the brindles and old school leopards. We got a few Hellas and an odd ball or two

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2022, 09:15:50 pm »

Yeah those brindle dogs are purdy. I like the spotted dogs too. Sure seems like I end up picking the houndy looking ones out of my stuff. I think the others are prettier but when I feel that chemistry I just can’t ignore it. Kinda like women, I like the purdy ones but the ugly ones are the ones that like me. I got lucky found a purdy one with bad taste this time.

Yeah, he’s right Slim! You got friends you didn’t know you had now. Wanna go hunt ole buddy?

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 07:00:18 am »

that might be as close to hunting in a sale barn as a feller can get..LOL....  Its bad to be jealous of a man but I kind am in this case..   Good luck to yall and enjoy..

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 07:38:48 am »

Looks like a great time Slim. I saw the videos on Facebook, those brindle dogs are Purdy. The zipped right through that fence and it looks like you have a nice handle on them.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: