April 20, 2024, 06:57:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youngest son and his teammate  (Read 994 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2022, 09:42:04 am »

I hope she makes it y’all. She’s definitely had to overcome some adversity to even be alive. A visiting bulldog almost killed her when she was about 3 months old. She stayed in the house so that I could nurse her back to health. Her throat was a wreck and she couldn’t swallow, drink, or eat. I kept fluids with dextrose in her and dex for swelling for 2 weeks. It was a lot of work. When she finally got to drinking again she improved a lot faster. I was worried that she was going to have permanent nerve damage for the longest. I can still see the smallest signs of it but it still improving all the time it seems.  I think it helps too that all my dogs stay out in a big dog yard all day until feeding time. At feeding time they each have their own kennel and go straight to it. When they are done I turn them back out. I wouldn’t have started hunting her until the end of deer season but she’s like the rest of these dogs in the fact that they are really smart and only takes doing anything a couple of times to get it. She was getting bored and that was getting her into trouble. So I gave her a job. Seems to be working.

Lol, Cajun you have an eye. It’s hard to hide some breeds. I was just trying to raise some smart, sheep herders that were fast and you could hear from anywhere and smell anything. Now I’m exposed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: