March 28, 2024, 09:32:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas Ham  (Read 742 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2022, 01:25:13 am »

Tapatalk cut off half my post… killed that sow. Sketch rolled and came up empty.
We went to the west Mott and casted her. She went 400 to opposite corner and bayed a handful of hogs together on the edge of a duck pond. I got around her to push them back towards my brother. They go to break. I shoot a good sow, sketch leaves on another hog and I put a round in another really big sow.  Sketch rolls and puts a hog up bayed on the other side of the duck pond. I go watch and video her for a little from a distance. Then call my brother, told him grab my .44 come kill this hog. He got around to me and made a nice shot at about 40-50 yards across the pond.

Sketch rolled again and now it’s starting to feel like work. She put up 2 hogs together. I first saw them and thought 150lbs and maybe 40lbs. Then after they broke the 3rd time I bet. I watch her bay them all up and down a fence line. Still didn’t think the big one was over 200 and the little one wasn’t over 75 lbs. hit the big one center mass  broadside while they were walking bayed on the fence at about 60 yards with a 180gr. .350 legend. She didn’t even flinch. Packed it off. Finally she ran both hogs to my brother about 100 yards away. Bayed. He shot her with a 240gr .44magnum. She packed it off but she was hurt. She made it another 100 yards or so just to the property line. They both crossed the fence and bayed on the edge of the brush growed up in the fence. I finally got the bigger one face up and smoked her. Told my brother be ready. Sketch had that other hog right here. He poked his head back out on my brothers side of the fence and got shot.

Sketch rolls and I go to walk up on the bigger of the 2 hogs. Only when I got about 10 foot from her did I realize how big she was. Knew she had 270 covered but didn’t know if she’d make 300.

I’ve been chasing 300 for 8 years. Killed some I thought were close we couldn’t get to scales. Killed some only ended up going 280-90. Killed one Barr we knew was over but never weighed him and I didn’t have a dog out.

When the smoke cleared we ended with 10. 1 dog, 2 guns, 10 hogs dead. All killed in front of sketch.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: