April 26, 2024, 09:27:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Young guns  (Read 1229 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2023, 07:04:18 pm »

Man those are really good looking hounds Cajun. I’d feed both of them but if I got to choose I think ole Tracker would be my pick. Are either of them kin to my dogs lol?

Are they bred the same or were you trying to get something different with those two litters?

Something else I’ve wondered, with you having several dogs, do you hunt them according to sex or do you mix males and females when you hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both dogs are related top and bottom. Tracker is off Captain x Trumpet.  Showgirl is off Showtime x Auburn.  Showgirl from the time she was 4 1/2 months old could trail the hog up in my 25 acre pen no matter what time of the day. It is a very thick pen and I have had people with grown dogs that could not find the hog. Tracker can do it but has to work harder and probably not quite as coldnose. Both have more grit then they need. Jack is the great grandsire of Showgirl and the Grandsire of Tracker. Auburna and Captain are 1/2 mates off of my Brandy female who I got back from Josh Free.  I like them both pretty well.  I dont hunt accordinly to sex, I'll put both out there but I crate all my male dogs on one side of the box and my females on the other side if possible just to avoid a accident in case I miss a female in heat. Sometimes they are all crammed in together.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: