April 24, 2024, 02:53:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back in the saddle again  (Read 497 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2023, 09:45:24 pm »

Well, WOW is back at it. He made it back down to Texas. We made a run this morning.
It was just a two hog day!

We (myself, WOW, and the nephew) turned out the young dogs Ranger, Outlaw, and Hope first. Ranger went one way and Outlaw and Hope went another. Outlaw and Hope got bayed at .61 and Ranger came passing back through so we loaded him. We got to them and caught a decent sow that weighed out at 170#. Got to expose my AB gyp and I was pleased. That was her first hog to see and I think she’s going to like it. We loaded up and went to a different part of the property and cast Hope, Ava, and Moon. They all left  but Hope zigged when they zagged and they left her. They got bayed at almost 900 from us. We called Hope in and moved on down closer. We cut all 3 young dogs to them from about 300 because they were in a ridiculous briar thicket and we wanted to make sure whatever it was stayed there. It did! A little boar is all it was and they stretched him of course. That’s literally all that was there. It was a good little hunt though.

First hog for WOW’s knife he just finished

Telephone pole that they’ve rubbed on a couple of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 03:17:24 am »

Good hunt T-dog sure sounds like them young dogs are a pleasure to hunt.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2023, 06:45:26 am »

Glad the crew got together man..   The young dogs aint gonna be rookies no more hunting like that..  Fine day in the woods for yall..

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2023, 07:09:36 am »

Sounds like the young dogs are on the path to be seasoned. I like that trailer setup, is it difficult getting it through the woods?

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2023, 07:38:12 am »

Good hunt T dog. I bet WOW was glad to get down to God's country. I need a closer look at that knife WOW made. I am working on a pig sticker now and a couple of others.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2023, 08:35:24 am »

Austesus, that little trailer is really handy. We haven’t had any trouble getting through the woods with it. It’s balanced and lite weight enough that if you get in a tight you can unhook it and turn it around by hand. It’s a dual purpose trailer. We use it hunting or it can be used for trapped hogs.

Cajun that knife, like all his knives, is sharp! He turned the lights off on that hog like he was warm butter. I’ll tell you that I like a finger guard on my knives after watching a buddy nearly ruin his hand in the river because he didn’t have a guard. If you look at the tip of the spine opposite the finger guard, he makes a spot that is what I’ll call a thumb rest. It makes it very comfortable. The two knives pictured are the ones he just made for my youngest boy (on the left) and the other is his (on the right). That coco bolo scales he put on my son’s is really pretty.

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2023, 08:37:41 am »

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2023, 06:05:50 pm »

Those are some fine knives for sure.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2023, 06:38:27 pm »

Man the way it is here I'd be proud for a two hog day, good hunt and some real nice knives, that must have been all the hoggin WOW could stand, it looks like you caught him napping in the truck.
I have never seen a hole that deep around a rub.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2023, 07:24:41 pm »

Those knives are fine pieces of equipment they look like they're very comfortable in the hand.Glad ol WOW made it down for another hunt he always brings yall fine gifts.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2023, 08:50:09 pm »

Real nice knives sounds like a good hunt and looks like y'all wore wow out he had to get him a nap

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2023, 08:55:13 pm »

I’m glad he’s made it back too. I’ve missed being able to pick at him and pick his brain. He’s a sharp eye on these bulldogs especially.

We went to watch my nieces play basketball yesterday afternoon. One of the team moms was a row behind he and I but between us. Well into the game she turns to me when she realizes she’s just been yelling, screaming, and cheering the whole time. She asked “ is this your grandpa or uncle or something?” I said yes my grandpa. She said I’m so sorry, I just been yelling in his ear this whole time. I said it’s ok, he can’t hear anymore anyway. Lmbo he  didn’t realize what I had told her until later. Apparently he thinks I’m #1. Lmbo lord if I ever get all the pay backs owed me!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: