April 18, 2024, 12:00:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yote hunting  (Read 244 times)
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2023, 07:36:09 pm »

Got a new predator caller (LuckyDuck Riot) and wanted to give it a try, we put some miles down today. My young male is about 14 moths old and this is the first game he has seen so far. He hunts out and runs track pretty well, but today is the first time he got to come face to face with something. I need some range time because my shooting was atrocious today.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 08:45:09 pm »

I don’t know about where you’re hunting but around here the yotes  are bad. We drove up on 5-6 chasing a calf the other day when we went hunting. They abandoned ship when they saw us pull
up. I bet he liked being face to face with something finally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 07:26:41 pm »

T-dog, I’m out west. Coyotes aren’t what I focus on normally, just doing something different from running the dogs in the local mountains. I keep getting older and those mountains aren’t getting any flatter. I remember hunting in Texas a couple years ago, where the buggies rolled in and the coyotes made a hasty retreat like you said. They know what time it is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: