April 25, 2024, 11:04:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 More  (Read 322 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2023, 02:41:35 pm »

Well WOW, deputy dawg, and our buddy Tyler made a little hunt this morning. We cast dogs at the first spot and they said there weren’t any hogs there. All sign suggested the same. We moved over to another place and within 5 minutes all 4 dogs were bayed. As we drove up closer we saw a couple of hogs leaving the set of woods they were in. When we got up there they had a sow about 130-40 # caught in a small pond. She got away and they sank her ship on dry land. After we stuck her Zeke and Ranger left and were bayed again at 900. I told My nephew they had to be in the open field at that distance. As we were getting closer Tyler’s gyps we’re headed across to them. When we pull up they were down in a ditch. It was one of the boar hogs we saw leaving. He was about 150# and Zeke and Ranger had him caught for a minute judging by his bulldog hangers. I guess he was too much to hold that long and were now baying. I’m sure that cold water from the first hog helped zap a little energy too. Anyway, I have an American bulldog female that I’m starting. She’s never seen a hog before today that wasn’t already caught. We sent her in and he slapped her and gave her a couple minor flesh wounds. It was enough to make her mad and she eared up. We sent JJ as insurance but didn’t need to. I just didn’t know how she was going to react. I was proud of her. I think she has a ton of potential. We loaded up and moved over again and recast dogs. They got bayed on two hogs. We sent JJ  and the hogs broke but they caught one within about 20 yards. I couldn’t get ahold of the legs from the direction I came from so I was going to stick it. About the time I started to stick it, it pulled away from JJ. They had it caught again in about 30-40 yards and this time I was able to leg it. It was another boar about 140. Normally I would be a little put out with a catch dog for losing the hog but he wasn’t at fault in my opinion. He did everything he could to hold it. The briars had him as tangled up as they had me. We waited for the dogs to bay again but they never did so we finally loaded up and called it a hunt. WOW had never met Tyler before today but when they introduced themselves to each other, WOW gave his name and said “I’m Thomas’ grandpa” lmbo. He said he wanted say it before I could.

Couple pics of them baying the second hog. He wasn’t leaving.

Red AB is my Reba gyp. This was the first catch she’s had the opportunity to initiate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 06:43:06 pm »

Sounds like a fine day glad you got to work the new bulldog.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 07:52:31 pm »

Another good hunt looks like she likes it

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Shotgun66
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 04:07:03 am »

Another great hunt man. You guys are slayin em! The pic of the 4 dogs bayin that boar in the ditch is a good one. Always nice to see a prospect like your AB gyp start up. She looks nice.

Leon Keys
Dish, Tx
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 06:50:08 am »

Another fine day in the woods with friends and family. I know it makes you feel good to see your young dogs clicking and congrats on the yound AB on her first catch in the woods. Yall are having a great start in the New Year.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 01:22:15 pm »

Awesome pics of the bay

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 01:53:18 pm »

Thank y’all. It’s been a real good time these last few hunts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: