May 14, 2024, 07:02:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hog stoppers  (Read 6517 times)
Black Streak
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2016, 12:09:56 pm »

So how do you dog Bay Judge or dog they just catch on sight?   I can't have RCD's because my dogs don't just find hogs that are under my feet and it might take me a while to cover the ground to get to them and get control of the hog for their safety.   I need to be able to control when they catch so I can be there.  We are talking about "stopping" hogs, not just mauling them to death.  By the way, were you suggesting my dogs are quitting hogs that run?

Hunting with just 1 or 2 catch dogs is different than having more or a none catch dog at the catch.    Big pigs will most often settle down after the initial hook up and so will the dogs.  It's just kinda a calm event you walk up to.  The bigger the pig usually the calmer things are after the first 10 or so seconds.       
    Things are not calm however when you add in a dog that's not a catch dog.  They will bark, bite, and harass the pig instead of hold it like the other catch dog or dogs.  Anything caught not on the ear will generally keep the pig at a state of high stress and unrest and will result in none stop fighting from the pig.   This is where your mauling comes in.               
     As far as catch dogs that don't hunt and stay at your feet, if that's the case, why do people have to keep them on a lead at their feet or in a box?      Lots of people can't let the cd's down or they go yonder way.   I understand that they are carried for more than just this but this is a big reason why also.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: